1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one in Mass?? Plow Edges Where to buy

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PPP, Jan 29, 2008.

1. PPP

PPP Member

Hello Everyone,
    I just started plowing commercially again and need a set of plow edges for my Fisher EZ V. I forgot how quickly this eats up the edge vs residential plowing. I called a few places and no one offers them except for the local Fisher Plow Dealer in town (not the most friendly place and sold out for they say 2 weeks). I haven't had to buy an edge since upgrading my truck and plow over two years ago. Does anyone know of any place on the South Shore that may carry cutting edges for this type of plow? I checked around at a few places, but it seems that everyone only has them for strait blades. Thanks in advance.

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I would imagine that cpw has a set for you. Theres a link to their site at the top of this page. In case you cant find it, www.centralparts.com

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Try Tucks Trucks in Hudson, MA or JC Madigan in Harvard, MA. Might be a bit of a drive for you. They might be able to help locate a set for you closer.

4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I see that your from Cape Cod.... you shouldn't need edges.. it's not like it has snowed there lately.... :jester: just playing....

5. Rotator911

Rotator911 Junior Member

check with Mid City steel in westport they carried 2 piece edges a few years ago for 8'6" EZ-V when I lived in RI

6. scitown

scitown Senior Member

You should google some plow dealers. When I was looking for a cutting edge it seemed like they were all down the cape. I ended up using JC madigan. I know they can get the split edges. I know one of the guys up there and he brought my edge down to Scituate so I didn't have to drive up there. When he brought my edge he also had a split edge in the back of his truck for his neighbor. It is a drive but they have salesman and reps driving a few thousand miles a week so you may be able to have them drop it off. I know they are doing something with the plymouth trucks right now so maybe you could meet them. Goodluck

7. PPP

PPP Member

Thanks Everyone

I was able to get a set from Marty's GMC. They ended up locating a set for me. Everyone else seemed sold out and not getting anymore for the season. The price was a little more then what I expected at $240.

8. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

also try Atlantic Broom in Canton.

10. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Ahh Marty's GMC, thats were i got my truck.

Fredricksons in Hanover MA has them i think.

11. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I'm not sure if its another location/branch of the place already mentioned, but Atlantic Broom & Blade in Hyde Park may have it.

12. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

try Dyer sales their either in North Reading or North Andover.. I confuse the two

13. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I think I paid $210 for a set of 5/8" cutting edges for my ez v after I snapped the 1/2" set off . last pair they had, the other area dealers all echoed having a very hard time getting parts. I am hoping that I can find a new center rubber this spring.

Lou

14. vector330ix

vector330ix Junior Member
    from nh

PlowEdges

I get mine from Nightingale Metals Inc. They Deliver or you can pickup. i get an abrasion resistant 3/4 steel not all edges are the same. infact most of the discount places give you 1/2 cold rolled cause its cheep. they'll sell you that too but ask for the abrasion resistant stuff in 3/4 it wont wear out in 2 months like the 1/2 cold rolled some places sell for like 80$

(401) 333 2100 I talk with Bud but i'm sure anynoe can help you.

good luck

15. duramaxguy87

duramaxguy87 Junior Member

perma line in Brockton across from the police department sells all types of cutting edges

16. southpaw65

southpaw65 Junior Member

17. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I just take the old edges to the steel shop and have them use it as a pattern to punch the bolt holes for new ones. Haven't bought an edge from a plow dealer except when plows were new.

On a side note, Mid-City Steel is not the nearest dealer to me, but I get lots of stuf from them as they have great prices on material and labor (press brake, custome cutting etc) and deliver for practically nothing.

18. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Mid City was always very good to deal with, I purchased $600 worth of steel for a trailer I was building, they delivered it right to my place of work! Their prices were also significantly less than everywhere else I got quotes from, very good to do business with.

19. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

perma line in brockton

20. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Where on the cape are you?