1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one have turk-key wings on a SnowWay

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mlc4163, Jan 17, 2003.

1. mlc4163

mlc4163 Member

I'm sporting a 9' staight blade SnowWay plow on a 1-ton Chevy. Am thinking about adding a set of wings. Has any one here using these and can I get some feed back of what you like and dislike? Also would really like to here what kind of impact on time savings you gained.
    Can these be mounted on a SnowWay? Didn't see the brand on their web site.
    Thanks

2. Manx

Manx Senior Member

I've looked at them also

I E-mailed them before, and they have yet to get back with me?
    I asked if they would work with a Western Poly pro
    I think there trying to tell me no?

3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Try to get a hold of Maverick. He is a member of plowsite and he runs a 9' Snoway with wings on a 1 ton chevy.Here is a link to some pics of his rig.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

You can put wings on a snoway,I know because I have.I just don't know if the actual Turk-Key wings will work or not.I don't see why they wouldn't.
    I don't think they would work on a poly,as they bolt into the moldboard,and it may damage the poly.

5. turkeywing

turkeywing Manufacturer & PlowSite.com Sponsor

The TURK-KEY WINGS will work on the snoway and the western poly plows the only thing you will have to do is add a shim under the channel that mounts to the moldboard the thickness of the outside angle, this allows the channel to be bolted level. If you have not received a e-mail from me or more information I apologize as I check and respond to all my e-mails daily it may have been missed.

Rod
    "Put the snow where you want it to go!"

6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

I have a set of turkey wings on my 7-6 Western....
    They work pretty good for me, Worth the money
    to me and mount/dismount in a flash too!
    Less clean up and no big windrow to clean up after !
    Especially with all the snow we are getting this
    year in central NY !...............................geo

7. mlc4163

mlc4163 Member

How well do these things work?

Thanks for the link Fordman, nice to see the wings in action.
    Turk-key responce is appreciated too. I will contact you for additional info and a local distributor for the Cincinnati area, you can respond here if you like. How much can I expect to pay for your product? Have a couple hundred in my head but I can't find the place where I saw it.
    Any body want to comment on how well these things work and what is the best application or scenario to use them. I don't mind spending the money if I get real value for my sites.
    Thanks for all comments.
    Mike

8. mlc4163

mlc4163 Member

Sorry about the price qustion, just went back to the Turk-key site. Saw prices under the "PRICES" button. No comments needed please.
    Would still like to get real life answers on where best applicable.
    And yes I looked at the website but want users advice here.
    Mike