1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any one have the strobes you drill in to the lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bigmudder77, Jul 30, 2008.

1. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

i got me a set of these that you drill in to the lights (well 2 sets) one is a good set got it for $100 a steal at that price there $350 new for the whole kit

other set i got for $25 shipped from out of the US so there pretty much junk

but i drilled them in to my head and tail lights and they look really good and they are bright

when i had to pull along side the high way to check my load i turned them on and every one got over when i use to have my amber light on top no one even got over

any one else have these and like them?

just wanted to see if any one had any trouble with them fogging there lights up mine have been on over a year now and i sealed them up really good i might pull them down and reseal them again just to be safe

2. gkm

gkm Senior Member

how about a pic?

3. bigmudder77

from wooster

you wont see them they flash to fast and they will just look like my head or tail lights in the pic i have a video but i dont know how to upload it right it keeps giving me a stupid message

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

when i installed mine i put a dab of black silicone around the outside of the foam gasket when they were screwed in .... and as far as poeple pulling over ... its a state law here in michigan ... anytime you see flashing lights or emergency type of lights other then amber .. you have to move to the middle lane ..

5. bigmudder77

from wooster

i but like glue on mine cause im not gonna take them out there like $20 for 4 on ebay if i sell the truck ill just pull the wiring and box out and get new lights thats why i glued them in so i wouldnt worry about leaks or water getting in there

but they are cool though i like them but with the plow on there can you really see them? unless the plow is down