1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one have ideas or advice?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by LopatLT7495, Jan 1, 2014.

1. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

Im looking to mount some kind of warning lights on my 88 Case 580E. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with waning lights on backhoes or like machines? I have seen a bunch of guys running single beacons and a few that have installed strobe HAWs on the amber flashers. I have 3 commercial lots that i plow, 1 is small and the other 2 are id say medium sized. Every year my 79 chevy takes a crap in one way or another either truck or plow and i end up just finishing my work with the backhoe. I dont really want anything crazy just some other form or warning besides the factory flashers. Also would like to see pics of warning lights others have installed on their equipment ( backhoes, loaders, skids). Thanks any advise will be appreciated !

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Wire in a minibar on a switch? Never really worked with a backhoe but if it has a cigar plug you could just put the bar on the roof and plug it in. Will run you about $200-250 but it will cover you 360 and be bright.

3. 512high

512high Senior Member

I ordered some led strobes from strobesn'more, many kits available, u can add etc. we have them mounted in our cab model kubota,they are waterproof ,although munted inside.

4. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

We just mounted 2 of our new low profile beacons on backhoes a couple weeks back.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

If you go this route be sure the cigarette lighter plug is 12v and not 24v. You don't want to make the mistake of plugging you're $300 light bar into a 24v plug.

6. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

Thanks for the options, with the machine being a 1988 model it doesn't have a cig plug installed. I have wired a ton of lights up my daily driver is let's just say "well lit" as well as my work van. I think I might put 2 beacons on the cab, maybe mag mounts with some kind of quick disconnect in the cab. Louis you wouldn't happen to have any pics of the beacons you installed on the backhoes would you? Again thanks for the input guys.