1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one getting ready yet?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWER STROKE, Nov 13, 2010.

1. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE Member

Any one getting ready yet? The news cast here in Sw Michigan said we should expect some snow here by next week. I am all set and ready to go. Just got a couple of fall clean ups to finish up this week and then just wait for the white stuff.

2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

All ready over here

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I've been trying to finish landscaping. People keep calling, which is good... But It's gonna snow soon, and I need to prepare for that. This week we are gonna take the first part of the week and get everything ready. Stakes in the ground, show the guys the sites, and do pre-season maintenance on equipment. Should be a jam-packed week.

4. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

We have two large landscaping jobs to finish. We haven't even checked our fluids in the plows yet. Our cleanups aren't even close to being done. I need another month to catch up. Love the work, just hate the stress.

5. North Star

North Star Junior Member

We are almost 100 % ready over here too. Put the last plow on the third truck yesterday, it needs a few minor adjustments to be ready. Really busy trying to finish up some large commercial install jobs before the weather gets colder.

Need to move the sectional plows to all of the sites for the winter this week. I can relate to the stress thing, about finding time to prepare for the winter season, while trying to run the major part of your day to day business.

I wish everyone a prosperous winter season.

ussmileyflag

6. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

95 percent ready to go. just need to change the fluid in plows and register one truck. I have a feeling it wont be long before snow starts to fly.

7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Ready to rock and roll. Our first snow that we get to work is about 30 days out on average. Hoping a little sooner but not too much. A lot of leaves left to clean up.

Hope everyone has a great end to your year.

8. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Finished staking today. I dont think there will be enough snow this week to plow though, maybe a salting. I bet we dont see much accumulating on pavement until december

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

why rush?.....lmao

actaully we are about 90% ready.

10. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

Ill be ready in Feb

11. Martinson9

Martinson9 Senior Member

Plowed 10 inches yesterday......I guess by default we are ready. Stakes would have been nice.

12. Kale Lawn

Kale Lawn Senior Member
    from Ohio

we're getting there, contracts still coming in is cause routing problems... fleet guys are working 6 days a week to get the trucks turned over to snow plow mode... and next week we will be stageing salt, boxs, blowers, and loaders on site. I'd say overall we're about 80% ready

13. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

We are set and ready to go as soon as the snow flies, I have a bunch of cleanups and gutter clean outs that just called over the weekend. One plow still needs to be bleed out.

14. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Ill be fully prepared as long as it doesnt snow before thanksgiving. Anything before that and we'll be able to handle it but not as easily.

15. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I am mounting plows tomorrow and tuesday. Still have two of them to put together after sandblasting and powder coating. Have a couple sets of lights to put on, 1 cb to get installed, all the lots still need staked, and I still need to take pictures of everything. Man I wish it was still September, I swear I have been getting plow trucks ready to go since the middle of August. I did alot of work on the trucks this year, painted 1 whole truck, Rhino Lined the bottom sides of all the trucks, got a new 9.2 Boss V for one of them, added a rear plow on one, installed hide-away's on all the trucks, added 2nd batteries to all the trucks. I think the list just keeps going. As long as the snow holds off for another week or so, I will be begging for the snow to start so I can pay for all the work I have done to the fleet this year.

16. RPOS

RPOS Junior Member

Yeah, still have some cleanups to finish... then we got 5 inches of wet snow on friday night. Think I saw that it was one of six times that MN's gotten more than 6" (in some places) before Thanksgiving. Ah well, it was nice to sit in the cab for a day instead of busting a doing cleanups.

17. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

I'm trying to get a different plow on my truck (headache!!). I have almost everything working just need to replace crossover relief valve and hook up lights. Need to touch up lawn then I can put front blade on tractor for around house, and then the old snowbear has to be put on the truck. So guess still have alot left to do

Good luck to everyone this winter

18. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Ready to rock and roll

Just completed our second pre-season snow day. All plows are working and five SnowEx spreaders worked as normal when plugged in. A little grease, and clean water and they are looking like new.

Let it snow!