1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one from ontario know this truck?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sticks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

V8 diesel, 5 speed, 10 ft sander, rear hydrolic spinner.
    is it worth

Everything works mint

Safety and E-Tested

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

No but i like it.
  3. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Sure looks like a great deal, just would worry that as soon as you put salt in it you would be over weight.
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

My no answer was to your "do you know this truck"

Its a deal for 3K, but wouldnt load it fully unless onsite at one particular job.
  5. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

I think topped off full yes it will be over weight. I think with 1.5 yards I'm ok.
  6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a sweet paint job.
  7. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

its a 450 isent it? should handel the weight ok
  8. schmol

schmol Senior Member

I personnaly know that truck, no joke! what do you want to know? PM me and I will give you the story on it.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  9. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

does it have 10 lug wheels with 19.5 tires? if so that would be sweet i just cant see the pic that well.
  10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

yah those are 10 lug....3k seems like a DEAL
  11. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

We all love a good story. Spill it.....
  12. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

^ what he said!
  13. schmol

schmol Senior Member

The guy I plowed for last year bought it at the Montreal Ritchies auction for $3500. He safetied it and put a few hundred into it, glow plugs, brakes, quickie paint job on the spreader box. It was owned by a landscaping company from montreal, the words on it were all in french. We changed the headlights from the foggy yellow ones that were on it, patched a hole on the passenger side floor with tin and tar, and added a strobe on top. I spent many hours tinkering on this truck and fixing squeeks and rattles. It runs OK and drives good too, all in all a nice truck. But here is the problem, the sole purpose of this truck is to spread sand and salt, it is terrible at it. The spinner does not spin nearly fast enough to broadcast the mix even as close as the width of the truck body. We used it ONCE! We tried driving fast, slow, revving the snot out of it in low gear, and opening the gate all the way, and almost shutting it completely. All the things we tried made no difference. The Spreader just plain old sucks. It spread the material so thick that the lot looked like a beach. The boss man gave up an it and sent it back to the Ritchies auction in Toronto this past fall and thats the last I saw of it. Sure it looks like a neat truck and you would think it would work great but in reality it is not what you think it would be. I would think the guy selling it bought it and found out what we did and is now trying to unload it. My suggestion would be to ask him to show you how well it spreads and make your decision from there. Maybe its a setup issue with the hydraulic system but as it sits its not a good spreader.
  14. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

maybe the hydraulic pump and or hydraulic motor is worn out
  15. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Sound it wrong hydraulic pump which pump low like 5-8 gpm I think 15-20 gpm would be work great but expensive.

That look nice truck compare to Michigan truck it rough.
  16. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

WOW thanks... the first thing i asked him is how well the salter thru salt.... he said it would throw at least 20 feet on each side of the truck. I think i might still go look at it.... but i will 100% make him show me it throw salt...even if i have to buy a yard and throw it thru it.
  17. schmol

schmol Senior Member

Yeah it would be a good idea to see it in action before you buy it. If you like the way it spreads, hey go for it man, no doubt you don't see many rigs like it. When I saw the picture of the truck I had a good chuckle thats for sure, I never thought I would have ever seen it again.
  18. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

man, don't you love the internet!
  19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

First off is has a spinner gaurd on it so that will really effect it's spread pattern. If the spread pattern isn't right you might have to put some baffles, extend, shorten the chute to get proper placement on salt. I can gaurantee I can get that thing to spread. As long as the chain will move really fast when you go to look at it you'll have plenty of hydraulic flow.
    I bought a salter in 1990 for $500 and I still run it today on our Sterling and we had to spend countless hours getting it to spread right.
  20. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

So i just called the guy on it.... not mentioning any names.......

he said straight out to me he has never run salt thru it....he soly bought it at richie bros to flip....

Maybe i will take a pass.

he did tell me the motors are $200 at princess auto and its a simple switch out to whats on it now, because everything is right out in the open.