1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one ever bid Wendys or mcdonalds and if so then how much would you do it for??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by atlanta55, Nov 20, 2008.

1. atlanta55

atlanta55 Junior Member
    from indy

I am looking at bidding some fast food restaurants for the 2009 season for everything lawn care etc and snow..I can handle the lawn care part ..just wondering if anyone else does these what or how they bid it?Thank you
  2. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

I do a number of restaurants (9) and one of the things that I do is tell them that I will take 20-25% off of my plowing bill if they want to give it to me in gift certificates. All but one do that. They love it and it actually cuts up to 25% off of their plowing bill. It looks good on paper for them and Uncle Sam keeps his mits out. (quiet) The nice thing about them is most times that want to be plowed and salted after every snow fall, which means the all day snow storms get to be very profitable! As far as how much, depends on how big, and how much precision plowing I have to do. My average is about $60 pe lot with the time frame being between 1/2 or maybe a little more. One lot takes me 5 - 7 minutes and I get $30 to plow and $30 to salt.