1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one ever been ripped off by county plow in St. Louis?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dirtboy953B, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Just wondering if any one has ever been ripped off by county plow in St. Louis? I have never had to deal with him,but I have never and I mean never heard anyone ever say any thing good about them.I know from what I've heard I will let my trucks sit broke down before I give them a dime.I try to keep just about one if not two of ever thing on my plows.

2. Dirtboy953B

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

4. Dirtboy953B

Shadey dose not even come close

5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

also, can you delete all the empty space in your sig please.

6. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Junior Member

Stay away...I made the mistake of dealing with them last year to get my truck setup. Its some biker dudes that have a huge attitude problem and this is what they do during winter. They are way overpriced and do s#!+y work. Had many problems with them last year until I got smart. My plow wasnt working properly last week ended up being electrical...we followed back their wiring and it was a complete disaster bad connections wires not hooked up to proper wires. When I was in there a guy who had no clue was about to be screwed over royally when he went outside I told him I dont know much but they are tryn to F@$k you.

7. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Ditto. Learned a lesson.Loose wires. Just think if somebody had a REAL repair shop open during the storms, what $ there is to be made. Thats the only way I think they are still open is from people who have no where to go when the snow is falling and something breaks.

8. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

where they at?

9. Showmestaterida

St. Ann, North County.

10. naturalgreen

yeah I never heard of em but thanks for heads up
    there r some shotty mofos out there who dont care about knowing how to fix things just charging for fixing it.

11. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

only deal if your in a pinch...they will way overprice things because they know they have you...i did it last year but had no choice, couldn't get the part any faster anywhere and i knew better....i was suprised to see that they would even invest in a website

12. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Junior Member

Yeah I now have a good hookup I just take my truck to my buddies shop and he has a mechanic or two there 24hrs during the storm and has plenty of parts around since he has a ton of trucks out....I also know Scotts Power equipment is open all night too and those are some great guys

13. Terry R

Terry R Junior Member

Scotts Power and a place down town next to Broadway Ford are open 24hrs during a storm. I can't remember the name of the place downtown. I think maybe Kranz?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  14. naturalgreen

yeah scotts is pretty good at having a little time during a snow
    a&m on manchester is good as well
    used to use scotts for everything until they took my old mount off my truck when I was going to trade it in and fried my idle wires heating the bolts and it wouldnt go above 5 mph made it a half mile and went back
    i took it back they told me they dont know what the prob is and dont want to look at it
    scott walks by and I tell him he says its not his prob. I ***** until wayne will finally look at it and he instantly finds prob and fixes by cutting and resplicing wires
    I am sure i could have found the prob if truck would have made it to shop but they took my money and didntt want to fix their mistake
    I have bought all my mowers trimmers blowers plows trimmer racks every damn thing for 10 years from them and they treated me like a sht head
    so I said f-em and go elsewhere for alot of my stuff and when I do go in there rarely they ask where I have been

15. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Junior Member

That is F'd up...I have only gone to the Arnold one

16. Terry R

Terry R Junior Member

Wow, sorry to hear that natualgreen. I've only had good experiences with Scott. I, as well, have bought mowers from him for 13 years or so. Who is A&M, and are they open 24/7 during a storm?

17. naturalgreen

yeah they always do me well but is is far from me and the other one was so close and they always had everything I needed but man was I pissed
    I had a new truck waiting to get picked up and a truck that wont run to trade in I stayed calmer that day because I was not sure what prob was and I did not want to jump gun then when they fixed it after 30 min in a second and explained it was no big deal just some burned wires
    but you burned them and did not fix them
    Maybe it was a bad day there or something but it got under my skin and i really have to suck it up to give them money

18. Terry R

Terry R Junior Member

Who is A&M on Manchester? Are they open 24/7 during a storm?

19. Showmestaterida

Know the feeling. Spend plenty of money as these places and they treat you like joe blow. Buy a piece of equipment one day and next week comes they don't remember who you are. Wonder how they treat you if they don't know you or you haven't bought anything from them. There are only so many place to buy plow equipment and lawncare equipment in STL. I just keep going down the list of them looking for good service and parts . Try to keep it in house but time is money and sometimes you need it right away. Seems like salt never washed up here. What a joke.

20. Terry R

Terry R Junior Member

We buy all of our plows and spreaders from Ruether Jeep/Dodge on Olive. They're not open during the night, but during the day when the snow is falling, they will get you in and out as fast as they can. Mark is the guy I deal with and is a great guy to work with. They almost always have the part in stock that I need.