1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one else here hate dealing with &%$@!% Dealerships?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bad Luck, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I know do :realmad:

On my way to drop off an estimate this afternoon I thought I'd run in to a local Chevy dealer and ask if they had or could order the parts so I can add a second battery. The *%^#* &^!!^ &^#&^ guy behind the counter, "well we normally don't stock those items because GM does not recommend doing it, nor do we." I kindly asked if he could check if they were in stock and if not could they be ordered. With a roll of the eyes and a sigh the &%#$%@$# looked in the computer to see what they had. "We can order them but it will take at least 3 days." Can you order them then? I asked. Well our parts order system is down right now you'll have to come back later....

Ok, so off to the other side of the building I go to ask if I can get a tech to listen to my "clunk" to see what they think. "There's no one here right now they're all on lunch, you'll have to come back after 1:00" Are you *^%@^*%#(&!@)!@()*!@(#$&*!*)$&! sure about that one because I can swear that I hear air guns and banging and going on.

Does ANYONE, know of a reputable service dept ANYWHERE in NJ???

Sorry, needed to vent.

OH! PS - I did get the factory P# for the GM Aux battery tray, I will post it later for anyone who might want it, forgot the sheet in my truck.
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Every time i try to get any thing at a dealer i allways get " well you can't do this" or "we don't recomend that " I had one guy tell me that you caould not put a dump bed on a f350.
  3. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

Don't feel bad when i was ordering my 2002 2500HD Chevy silverado i told them i wanted a Regular cab and the salesperson said Chevy does not make those. Plus when the truck was under warranty i would take it in there and it would always come back no problem found. I found the problem most of the time on mine and took it back and the still said there was no problem.
  4. You shoul've told them "I don't care what you recommend- just get me the !@#$%^&* part, so write down the number, and I'll be back when you get it in." :angry:

5. Robo

Robo Senior Member

Service in any industry is almost completely lost nowadays. Anymore once you buy something you own it....PERIOD :(
  6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I got that on my 3500. But this wasn't a new car dealership. They make trailers. Guy told me my frame rails are too small. I'm going somewhere else, just haven't gotten around to it.
  7. tjstruck

tjstruck Junior Member
    from NJ

Sound like Hawthorne Chevy. The biggest bunch of losers I've ever dealt with. Even if you tell them whats broken they still can't fix it right and fight with you and try to tell you it's not broken. payup
  8. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

It just really sucks the way they think all customers are un-eduacated duds who just walk in off the street. The same thing happened when I boug tthe truck, I knew the whole truck bumper to bumper better than the salesman. And FORGET about telling them you are buying on an employee discount....talk about getting ignored...
  9. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

About 10 years ago I had a job replacing a water heater in a local Mercury/Lincoln dealer.

Just listening to the bad attitudes of the guys working back there was enough to make me glad I didn't have them working on my truck. They just didn't seem to care about what they were doing and they obviously hated the guy they were working for. Not the kind of place I want to do business with.

I take my truck to a place in town that's been family run for about 25 years. They are just what you want, pleasant to deal with, do nice work, and charge a reasonable price for it. Like someone else said, these days customer service just about everywhere stinks, and from my experience it's even worse at dealerships. The only way I'd go to one for work is if it was a warranty repair that I didn't have to pay for, otherwise I steer clear of them.
  10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, i don't like dealerships, most there are so "programed" by the manufacturer and will not bend an inch on anything. Its happening with some plow dealers too, they only know the word NO.