1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any one buy a new v blade with the HUGE stacking stopper kit

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DJMAUCTION, Oct 23, 2008.

1. DJMAUCTION

DJMAUCTION Member

My new blade wont stack snow as high as the old one

retailer is installing bigger stack kit to prevent frame bending and hitting hydrolic unit

stated Fisher does not want to fix broken frames and units...

is there a way to get the lower stack kit?

2. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

my dealer just cut them in half and then welded the tip closed where he cut it so the stopper do seperate.

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Why would you want to stack to the sky? Our blades dont even come off the ground when pushing into a pile. IMO your doing yourself a double ended injustice-more wear and tear, and potential lost $$$. Loading and hauling or pushbacks is extra in all of my contracts. Something to consider.

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Things like that our extra for us too, and we don't go nuts staking or pushing with the trucks, but we also don't make it so after 2 storms snow has to be relocated. You also got to keep in mind, that keeping customers happy is also a part of it. Some people know that you could push back or higher, may shop around if your not doing it for them.

As for the staking stops, ours 8.5 extreme V came with the short ones, and that works for us. I think you can pick which ones come in the setup, when it's order.

5. DJMAUCTION

DJMAUCTION Member

are you charging 115 an hour for a truck that is efficent and puts snow where it needs to be. before charging for removal because you placed it incorrectly.

stacking with a plow of course is different then stacking with a loader, you must know this correct?

all I stated was that the new plow wont allow the same stacking height as the old one and fisher shouldnt be replacing parts if people are slamming into piles and dont know how to use there gear efficiently

6. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

When the packages are opened by the installer there is a shorter set of stops in the kit do you know if your blade is equipped with the tall stops or the shorter ones?
    The tall stops are kind of offset to onside and the short ones look more symmetric.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008