1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any of you do a self install?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Apr 23, 2015.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i am thinking about doing the install myself.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you getting a boss, western, snow dogg, or other?

3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I do all my own installs.

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I'm guessing BOSS since he posted in the "BOSS plow forum."

5. dieselss

Let's hope. Look at all the other questions on the western and Chevy forum.

6. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i haven't a clue yet, thats why i keep jumping around the forum. they all have plusses and minuses. and i can't decide.

7. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

isn't this the place to ask questions? i seem to be upsetting you trying to figure out my purchase. i usually like to be well informed and make a good decision.

8. dieselss

Everyday you ask a new question. Have you actually read any other posts on "which plow" or anything like that? Your so worried about cutting the lower valance and bumper with the western, but the boss is worse. Just seems you care more about the looks of your truck then the actual plow itself.

9. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i do care about the look of my truck since it is a daily driver, brand new and a denali. boss and western are both very well respected plows so i am trying to see which one works best for me, both should push the snow so the work they do i am not worried about it.

10. dieselss

Then all your worried about is the "look" of your truck....that's what you just stated correct?

11. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, you knew the condition of the horse when you got in the saddle. It's no secret that the 15's take major surgery to put any plow on, doesn't matter what brand. If you're so damn concerned about the looks, buy a base model to plow with so when you have to cut the bumper it's not a 60K truck.

Pick the ******* plow that you like the best and buy it. They're all going to require cutting. It is what it is. We can't tell you what will work best for you. Only you can do that.

Christ...I pity the salesman that sold you the truck if this is how you act for a damn snow plow!

12. dieselss

Amen......I was gunna say by a PLOW TRUCK for plowing. And get a Kia for your daily driver.

13. dieselss

Your not actually asking questions about the plow(s) themselves. Just "what does this look like on a 15? How much do I have to cut...etc"
    And how much does this cost. So what decision are you making.....How it looks, or actually functions? LOOKS is my answer.

14. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

thanks for the help guys.

15. dieselss

Anytime......

16. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You don't buy a plow based upon looks.

You buy a plow because it works well, and you have a nearby dealer to service you when you need it...

WHICH WILL HAPPEN.....

And yes, I installed my own plow, but I didn't do it the way the original manufacturer intended. I made up my own relays and wiring harness, and in the words of Frankie....

" I did it my way..... "

I have an older plow, and it was easy to do. With a new plow, I would install it per the manufacturer spec. I would still do it myself.

Now pick out a plow, and read through the THOUSANDS of threads here. You have an entire 8 months to prepare yourself.

17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sorry, I wish the mobile version would listed the OP so I don't have to read this girly crap

OP, I buy a 65k TRUCK every year, a salesperson with throw me out the door if I acted like you did. Get a grip or a old plow truck.

Sorry for rant but it seems all up care about is the looks and ur forgetting the purpose of a plow truck.

Jeez!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  18. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i think what you guys fail to realize is two things. first i am looking at either the boss or the western. both good plows and both with support in my area. and second i am not out working commercially, this is my private truck for my private driveways.

plus i don't see why i can't have a good product that looks good too.

i can see how i may have rubbed you guys the wrong way, but my situation is not the common one of most people on this site.

19. dieselss

plus i don't see why i can't have a good product that looks good too.

i can see how i may have rubbed you guys the wrong way, but my situation is not the common one of most people on this site.

Yep you are not common, you care more about looks

20. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Gotta be from Kalamazoo