1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any North Idaho Plows Here ??

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Gpete, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Gpete

Gpete Junior Member

i'm plowing in West Bonner Co., North Idaho - anyone close?

2. montanag

montanag Member

Missoula here. I have a good friend from Bonner's Ferry and it sounds like you are having a good winter so far, is that right? How much snow is on the ground. My wife and I just snowshoed into a forest service ranger station North between Noxon and Troy, MT and there was over 4 feet of snow in the valley--it was awesome. Hope you're having a good year.

Greg

3. Gpete

Gpete Junior Member

greg,
    it's about the same here as Noxon/Troy. we're almost to Priest Lake. got @ 5 " more last nite. nice dry, fluffy snow. heard it may turn wet soon, so i'll go out and move what's on the ground. only do my drive and yards, but it's alot (@ 2 hrs. worth-normal) and the neighbor widow's drive.
    what's your schedule + what do you charge?
    have a good one, pete

4. montanag

montanag Member

I have 4 plow trucks, 2 shoveling crews, and on a snowfall in excess of 3", I keep 9 people busy for at least 10 hours each. We have a mix of high maintenance commercial, high end residential, multiplex apartments, and smaller office lots. I try to look at each plow truck generating a minimum of $125 per hour, shovelers generating $75 per hour. These are target minimums, and rates usually are greater than that. I also have a lot of subs who pick away at the list if we get snowfalls at tougher times, ie right before sun comes up and businesses open. Good luck, it's a winter jungle out there.

Greg

5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Is a hundred miles considered close? Im in Spokane.

6. snow-hopper

snow-hopper Junior Member

New to the site and to plowing. I'm in Hayden ID. I hope this winter is a good one. Im looking forward to learning how to plow and hopefully making a little money.

-Dan

7. Ida-Snow

Ida-Snow Junior Member
    from Idaho

word up from Rathdrum.
    Frikkin cold cold cold!!!