1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any news on the redesigned HD trucks?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jvm81, Mar 6, 2013.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Been looking here tonight but Gm must be pretty tight lipped on this. Just general info on the new redesigned half ton coming out mid summer. I see one webstie mention the new tahoo but didn't see any pictures. I here ford is doing something as well with there 3/4 ton. I think GM needs to up things a bit b/c it seems as soon as they have something dodge or ford just uped Gm and there GM sits. I have see more press on the new tundra than the new gm 1/2 ton. Anyone know anything, see anything on the new HD design or when it may be out? I have one now with the d-max and love it.
  2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Mum is the word from camp GM. They should be show sometime this year however. Most likely the body you see on the 1500 will be the HD body, but who knows. 1500 details will be out later this month however, and production starts sometime early April.

The frame for the HD will be carried over from the current truck, as it was just re-done for 2011.
  3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd keep the body for the HDs as well. That front end is perfect. The 2014s are ugly anyways. I'd love to see the HDs remain the same.