1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any new updates on the new tailgate spreader TGS07?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Shop's Lawn, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

Looking to buy the new tgs07 tailgate spreader. Anyone have updates on problems with them? controller issues?
    Thanks

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

No one has one? Curious as well.

3. dirtybird

dirtybird Junior Member
    from 02347

Just installed one on my 2500 Dodge. No storms yet but everything seems real solid. Auger should handle bulk and the controls work well. Got mine for $1600 installed.

4. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

anyone putting there salter to work yet? Sounds like more controller issues then anything else? what are your thoughts?

5. npi9181

npi9181 Member

I have sold 15 so far this year and one I get to see almost every day all my customers love them they spread bulk salt like nothing even wet salt no controller problems either up here they got used at least 10 times or more I think this is going to be one hot salter

6. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

The local dealer had one on display and it looks pretty solid.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Where is your dealer? Crysteel hasn't been able to get one for a couple WEEKS now :angry:

8. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Got mine installed and it seems like a nice unit. I have yet to use it though. I hope it actually snows this year. The first time in a long time I actually bought something nice and new for the ice!!!

9. dirtybird

dirtybird Junior Member
    from 02347

Just an Update. We bought three of them, ran a 17 acre site with one unit (yeah I know but they were calling for less than a inch and we got three) other than filling it up every 5 minutes to cover the large property no problems. It did jam up a few times late in the night when my guys left salt in it for an hour or so but a shovel breaking it up and a long vibrate got it flowing again. For just a bit more than the price of normal tailgate the larger capacity and ability to do bulk makes it a deal IMHO.