1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any New plow Models this Fall?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sam973, Jun 14, 2005.

1. sam973

sam973 Member

I'm going to be replacing some trucks this summer and I'm wondering if it would be better to get one of last years models or hold out till the fall and see if there are any new models coming out. Fisher is probably the way I'm going to go since they are the closest dealer and have been a very reliable plow for me. Western and Blizzard are also in the area. I was going to give Blizzard a serious look this go around but several contractors I know that had them said the wings bent and or broke off in some of the big storms last year. I like the idea of the wings, but the few people I know that have them are not happy with them.

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

blizzard is the only one that is making changes and addind a couple new wing plows the lopro series i think it is called they have the wings but i don't think there hydraulic.

3. sam973

sam973 Member

I thought I heard Fisher was going to be changing up their lights in the fall. If that rumor was confirmed I would hold out because the lights are the only bad part of their plows. If i could get a Fisher plow with Boss lights that would be perfect.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Western and fisher are not releasing anything new at this time. We just got our complete western inventory in and theres nothibng new in there and fisher doesnt have anything list on the order form and that inventory should be in shortly.

5. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Hey SAM973 - You can always upgrade the Fisher/Western sealed beam lights with Hella replaceable bulb light kits - I did it on my Westerns and it makes them almost acceptable! It's as good as can be done with a small reflector area that these lights have...

All kidding aside it cost me about 100 bucks for the kit from the local A & A and I think it was worth it...

6. sam973

sam973 Member

I'll have to keep that in mind for down the road Sixspeed. I think someone on here was able to put Meyer lights onto their Fisher as well. That might be a good upgrade in lighting. The lights are the only part of the Meyer system I like.

7. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Yep sam973 I remember those posts - I've never ran a newer Meyer with the night saber's so I was a bit hesitant to spend a couple hundred bucks for the lights and parts.

I was going to check and see if mfrs of municipal plows like Gledhill or Goodroads had any DOT approved aux. plow headlights that could be adapted to the Western frame. Somebody has to make something with a larger bulb but I just never had the time to look...

One would think that with Boss and Blizzard giving Western/Fisher some real competition they would get on the stick and update those horrible headlights... :gunsfiring: