1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any luck with rear air bag systems?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I am looking to upgrade the rear suspension in our 05 F350 SRW flatbed. This is going to be our new salt truck but the rear suspension, I think needs some help. Extra rear springs can get a bit pricy compared to a rear air bag system. In short, who has rear air bags and how have they held up over the years?
  2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

we ran air bags on our f350 pulled them off and installed a set of supersprings. ss holds the weight and the ride empty is still good
  3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I put airbags on my Chevy 2500. I tow a lot in the summer and load the crap out of it with salt in the winter. The airbags are awesome. All my trucks are getting them now and all future trucks will as well.
  4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I have airbags in my chevy also, wish I would have gotten the compressor but I usually keep them at the same PSI anyway. Anyway I LOVE them and I can be heaped with mulch and towing the 20' enclosed and still be sittin ass high!
  5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a SRW salt truck as well and before the air bags she hated life. We added them halfway through the season and we love them! I bought Firestones and they are easy to install and hold air pressure awesome.

6. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

I have Airlift on my Chevy 2500 and love them! Can't beat them they are really reasonable in price and you can adjust the air very easily. I would recommend them.
  7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I have firestones on my 07 Duramax SRW Dump for 3 years now. Bit the bullet and put in the compressor and individual switches one gauge with 2 needles. They're great. If you're loaded off center you can even out the ride with the flip of a switch. Truck hauls a trailer all summer and salter and plow all winter. Never regretted it. Springs are like new.
  8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

This is good to hear, Thanks. I found a company that had a bolt on kit for that truck for $279.00 and free shipping......what!?
  9. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

i have firestone bags on my 11 f350 for salting and they are great!