1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any lines on salt in SE MN

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Eronningen, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I wondering if anyone has any lines on salt in MN. I'm in Rochester. Looking for an end dump load.

2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

put a post out in craigslist in your area aand you'll get some responds back pretty darn quick or even craigslist it road salt in your area their should be a add in it for road salt , there is a guy that was up around albert lee that was looking to off load a lot eralier in dec but I can't find their # but they had a post in craigslist He had told be it would be like $130 to bring it down to Dm, IA should be cheaper for you thow

3. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

thanks...I'll lokk at that again. We have local trucking companies that buy and deliver but the work is thats its getting tight. WE'll see on that. WE went through our first 24 tons already almost and maybe 8 tons of salt/sand mix. Time to start looking again.
    I saw some on craigslist earlier in the year to from a guy from Mankato, he had quite a bit of salt but most of it was stained real bad with coal dust.

4. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

If you find any could you let me know too, I'm by Austin.

5. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I'll be checking monday right away. We'll be going through a bunch of product in the morning. Freezing drizzle and light freezing rain here in Rochester this afternoon and evening. Probably have 2/10 of ice already.

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Eronningen that guy in Mankato is the guy I was thinking of, wow and he was wanting over $130 a ton to get rig of it glade I did not buy from him!!

Look at the DM, Ia craigslist there where two differant place's trying to get rig of sat earlier this week, also there's a place in St louis what will not leave me a lone they where wanting like $190 a ton, del guy has like email my but 3 times and call me twice I told him Iwas not interested in paying that much but has contacted me twice since then.

7. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

To the guys credit in Mankato, he was wanting $80 a ton for the stained stuff and upper $140's for clean.
    I'll look at the DM list and see. I won't pay $190 though. And maybe the local truckers can get it anyways. Was just seeing if there was a deal to be had. :rolleyes:

8. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

These salt prices are getting out of hand :realmad:

9. Bigmikesseasonal

Bigmikesseasonal Member

Go to liquid its availabe and it works for me

10. Derek83

Derek83 Junior Member

Try contacting Eilen & sons out of Hampton MN, they haul alot of salt. Or maybe dakota bulk in south st.paul they might be able to help you out.

11. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

You got a number or not. Where you at in se MN.
    I still have a line here for some, just want to find more or cheaper.

12. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

That would be a foolish move to make mid season. I'd have to re-tool everything.

13. Derek83

Derek83 Junior Member

Mn salt

:mad:I thought you were out! I have no #s I thought if you intrested you could do a little work yourself, maybe 411 or a Twin Cities phone book. And if you still have a line I would suggest staying with it. Because everyone is starting to run low and looking around for more.

14. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

( :mad: ) Whats this all about? I did find the numbers right away you dick. In fact, I was going to post again to say I got it but figured no big deal. Didn't think I'd make you so upset.
    Just started the thread to create some chatter and see whats availble and see if I could learn anything.

15. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Where did you find salt?? Also how much are they charging??

16. Derek83

Derek83 Junior Member

Sorry?

:eek:Your reply sounded a little pissy, so I got a little upset and I am sorry, hopefully it can be water under the bridge?:drinkup:

17. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

All is good. :waving:

18. kickin'a

kickin'a Member
    from Iowa

salt

did you find salt? I did but its close to 200 a ton delivered here in iowa kinda dont want to store this much

19. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I did find salt. Much cheaper than $200 a ton. Man, what is going on. I even cring for what I paid. $150

20. kickin'a

kickin'a Member
    from Iowa

wow any more left at 150 thats better than what I am hearing