1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any int'l salt customers having trouble w Morton?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mtnbktrek, Dec 8, 2014.

1. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Title says it - seems like we are getting a runaround from Morton anybody w issues?
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of issues?

Maybe it has something to do with their inability to fulfill their commitments last year, something like 800,000 tons?
  3. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

4. Jet Stream

Jet Stream Junior Member

Lot's of companies besides Morton are having trouble finding and/or supplying salt. Fortunately, we've got bulk and bagged salt available by the truck load IN STOCK. Have you seen our ad on Plowsite yet?
    If you need a quote, I will be happy to give you one. I'm working mainly the East Coast. We have brine, too. Hope I can help if you need salt! Susan, Jet Stream Fuels, 786-566-0195
  5. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Was supposed to get a truckload of calcium from them dec3 they said they have it but then they say they don't. I bought a few pallets off of chemical equip but it was a lot more $ than our intl prices. I had no problems getting bulk or treated from our usual place - still have an extra like 9 pallets of white salt from last year we are not going to use. I tried selling that but fig I wait til demand went up.