1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any interest? Need comments on price.. 1999 dodge ram 2500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by GMC99, Jan 11, 2010.

1. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Ok so the economy has really taken its toll, and Im very heavily debating getting a full time job, and closing up shop for the time being... Im thinking about selling my plow rig, and just testing the waters to see if there is any interest... Also any comments about prices would be great!

So I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie with the V-10 with Automatic

Truck has 155,*** well maintained miles.

Has only (NO BS) been a plow truck for this season, I installed the frame and wiring.

Truck has every single factory installed option including Black leather power seats, the interior is absolutely mint!

The outside of the truck is in my opinion in good shape, has some rust on bottom of the doors(just started) under neath looks great barely any rust, and a little side swipe damage on the rear drivers side bed (not major at all)

Just had a full tune up (plugs, wires, filters, oil, trans, front and rear diffs)

New front brakes (rotors, calibers and pads)

100% mechanically sound, just drove it to the U.P of michigan towing 4 snowmobiles and had no problems. The only known problem, is that it will need a gear box soon (steering is sloppy)

Brand new all terrain tires in december (less then 5000 miles on them)

Trans was recently rebuild by previous owner, and shifts fine.

Has uni-mount mount, and wiring

Dark Red and silver

Truck was supposedly originally from Tennessee and has only been here a short time

Thinking around $6500 with an 8.5 uni mount

Or $5500 without

Any comments are welcomed on my prices... To Low? To High?

Will put up pics tomorrow, when it warms up and I can give it a bath..
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

bump to the top
  3. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

Pics would help but that price doesn't sound bad to me...
  4. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

good price put it on craigslist and you should sell it pretty fast since there are like junk 80s ford, dodges, and chevys with a junk needing work plow for over $2000 and they bodys and plows are about shot o and the motors dont run right and trannys dont shift right or the 4x4 dont work yes i have looked at a few then just ended up buying a junk truck and a junk plow for under $800 and sold it for $1800 so i do think yours is a good price it sounds like a good truck