1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any interest in a Western Ice Breaker 8' Spreader?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by eng50, Feb 19, 2010.

1. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

I will have for sale an 8' Western IceBreaker V-Box Spreader. No salt has ever run through it, new condition, 3 years old has sat in storage. It has the long chute on it for a dump body vs a pickup, 10 HP Techumseh engine, full cab control etc...Will post pics as soon as I can. I am looking for somewhere in the 3000.00 range. New best price I can find with the extended chute is about 4000.00 Wanted to see if anyone here wanted it before I do fleabay, etc..Call or email with any interest.

Bill Engstrom
    804-339-2984
    task-force@comcast.net

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I am intersted, how soon are you looking to sell?

Bossman

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Im interested...Lets see some pics....

4. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

For sale ASAP, picked it up today, I took the chute off as I had to transport it in a short bed pickup so pics will be of the two pieces. I also need to order a carb for it as it turns out they ran it when they installed the truck controls and never emptied the gas when it was stored...I will assure it is 100 percent functional as I described prior to sale. I will post pics tomorrow when it is daylight today has been a really long day. Sorry!

Bill

5. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Pictures are in my album...

See pictures in my album at:

http://www.plowsite.com/album.php?albumid=656

I will be doing a full service on the motor and putting a new carb on it as well. The spreader will be fully greased and ready to go as well as covered in fluid film if buyer wants. Please call with any questions 804-339-2984. The price is negotiable as it has some minor rust from storage. It is completely solid, and everything works as new.

Thank you,

Bill

6. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

First pic for those that don't want to go to the link...

Here is the first pic...
    And I will take 2500.00 if it sells in the next week...Thanks for looking!!

M0014259.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  7. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

wow great deal !!!!!!!

8. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Yes it is, I am looking to buy some other equipment and need the $$ from this to do so. If anyone is interested in trades, I am looking for a trencher, hydraulic auger, or harley rake for a skidsteer. I'm sure someone can use this spreader!!

Bill

9. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

10. OT&L

OT&L Junior Member

Is it sold ? I did see it on ebay earlier today, but the listing has been removed.

11. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

2500 is a deal

12. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

It was removed from eBay today because I violated thier term by saying it was available for sale elsewhere! I will be relisting it in the morning .. Sorry!! Bill

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, that is a great great deal! If only I didn't need to buy stuff for spring.

14. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

They'll remove your listing because of that? I always say that my items are available for sale locally. Did someone report your listing or what?

15. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ya with vehicles it says it all the time...

16. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Probably reported by the other guy selling the same spreader that ended yesterday. I'll get it done again today

17. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

18. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Why are all the GOOD deals always soooo far away?

19. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

why are all the good deals at the wrong time of year?? lol

20. DODGEing

DODGEing Member

Darn if it were a bit closser id give 2500.00 tomorrow