1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any interest in a 16' Protech IST w/ACS coupler?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by got-h2o, Feb 2, 2012.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

As it states...........I plan to go to an auction tomorrow that has a VERY nice one for sale. Not sure what it will pull but I figured I'd check here if anyone would be interested if I bought it to flip. It has a bucket coupler as well as an ACS quick coupler on it. I have NO idea what it'll go for, and obviously if it goes cheap I'll buy it anyway, but if anyone is seriously interested for a certain price and don't want me to let it go, post or PM me. I hate to watch a very expensive piece of equipment be given away. Bear in mind this is a $7,300 box plus the coupler, so I use "given away" loosely, but...............................

The auction is at 12 noon, Wed Feb 2. I will check the thread and PM's throughout the morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

You might be suprised. I have been buying stuff at auction last couple years no rime or reason I can see some stuff. Goes cheap others above retail for new. About this time last year I bought a used 12' Protec at auction. I bid online because the auction was 2 hrs away. I was under the impression it was a 12' loader model, Got out there to pick it up it was a IST, mint shape, one or two seasons worth paint fade about it for wear, shoes still perfect, paid under 2k with tax, commissions, etc. Like said I thought I was buying a rubber edge pusher & was happy with that at the price.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Oh for sure. I do this a lot and see it all the time too. This is a small event with only a few items and mostly dealers. It could go either way.

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

That's why I've gotten into doing them online, you never know. Then add to that this time of year everytime I sit there freeze my butt off, stuff goes high. Nsimetimes on the bigger auctions I have gone to preview day, then just bid online so I can get other stuff done, or if I have my kids because the wife is at work it's much easier than trying to chase them around and bid.

5. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

No idea what they're worth.

If you get it and don't need\want it, let me know I might be interested in it depending on how much you get it for.

Shoot me a PM. I would love one, just can't justify it because my other ones work fine. Other than the rubber edge at times.