1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Input?

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by Mid-Ohio Scaper, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

This is my first year owning or using a push box...... Seems pretty self explanatory. Is there anything important I should know?

pushbox1.jpg

pushbox2.jpg

2. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

3. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

do you have an enclosure,heat or tracks for that unit ? I have a buddy that uses a power diverter hooked to a hair dryer for warmth.
    Nice piece , Try not to bury yourself , have fun and best of luck.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Thank you! I'll check these out!

I'm thinking of picking up one of these enclosures.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/330821411483?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619
    Know anything about them??

5. Mid-Ohio Scaper

please delete this post

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  6. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

With no wiper on the door, no dice, also $1000 for a $80 piece of lexan and $70 in hardware seems steep, even with the free $20 fart strength heater.

You can build your own enclosure the whole way around for about $400, add a heater for about $120 that uses the machines cooling system (13-15k btu), and probably get a wiper setup for another $100.

7. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Do you have a pic of the enclosure you speak of building?

8. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Just pick up lexan panels from HomeDepot, get some cold rolled steel tube, round stock and flat stock to build your hinges, a couple rolls of weather striping and get creative with the latch. Use 1/4" bolts with fender washers to secure the lexan to the ROPS cage. For the heater just get a Napa aux. heater. Find a place to mount it and plumb it in with a generic heater contol valve.

I did this on my 753 and it gets close to 80*F in the cab.

9. Mid-Ohio Scaper

What about the wiper? What do you recommend?

10. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Either find a bobcat graveyard, or you need to find a servo style wiper motor out of a car. (think single blade rear window).

11. Mid-Ohio Scaper

My 8' Protech box works like a champ!!!! With the amount of snow we've seen here in Ohio it's already paid itself off. payuppayupThumbs Up