1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any input on Daewoo 601 Skidsteer?Good/ Bad

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Showmestaterida, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Looking at a 98 Daewoo 601 with 900 hrs. Good shape , new rubber, no leaks, comes with bucket. Any input on these machines? Good nor bad. Things I might need to watch out on this brand. What might the value be? Just needing something to load salt. Any input welcome.

2. Showmestaterida

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Should work:drinkup:

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

is this the one on craigslist?

5. Showmestaterida

6. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

I owned a 98 daewoo mini excavator once.Had nothing but troubles.No dealer support,no resale value.John Deere dealer did not want to take it on trade.JMO.

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

his price sure is good...that's why i remember the ad

8. loudredram

loudredram Member

DAEWOO= JUNK......they are throw away machines nothing but trouble ....but if its cheep might be worth it

9. Showmestaterida

Whats cheap for this unit? Ran machine, everything worked. Has 1000Hrs. No leaks. Just wanting to load salt cheap. Looked at plenty of bobcats just want alot for higher hr machines. Going to use just for the season and then unload it.

10. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine has a large excavating and snow business and the only skids he has are Daewoo. He has had very good luck with his and did not pay alot. He said he can buy two Daewoos for the cost of one bobcat. I used one of his skids for a few days and all I have to say is it is not fancy but it did the job without any complaints. I dont know about price on those machines but I would say alot cheaper then a bobcat. For loading salt that will be perfect, we use a Thomas for loading salt!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008