1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Information

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chrisd, Apr 19, 2006.

1. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

Have An 05 F-350 With The 6.0. I'm Getting Some Sort Of Thump Under The Drivers Side Floor Board. Has Any Body Else Had This Problem Or Know What It Is????

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have the factory mud flap extensions on it? Are they attached properly? Spaced away from the tire properly?

3. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

No Do Not Have Mud Flaps. The Thump Is More Noticeable When You Hit A Bump.

4. zapster

zapster Member

the sway bar is connected to the frame right where you are hearing/feeling this from

not to worry
    mine has been doing it since '99

...zap!

5. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

I second that! Fords are notorious for this. The only way to fix is get the polyurethane replacements.

6. Big Dog D

The whatchyamacallit from the IFS suspension is tied into the frame right in the area of the footwell. It's under warranty, just bring it to the dealer and let them worry about it.;)

7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

If its 4wd its not IFS.....but do ya mean teh radius arm?

8. Big Dog D

I do mean IFS. Starting in 05 all of the F-350's and larger started comming with IFS. I currently own two, an 05 F-350 p/u and a 05 F-550 dump and both have the IFS. On the dual wheel F-series you can tell them from a mile away because they have the gray plastic fender extensions over the front wheelwells.

9. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

yea on 2wd though....wonder why they went away from a solid beam for 2wd's

10. Big Dog D

I'm not talking about a 2wd, I am talking about 4wd. They started with IFS in them in 05. I'm not sure if they went to IFS on the 2wd, I would assume that they switched the 2wd too so that they can keep the line process as simple as possible.

11. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

Maybe we are confusing eachother. Ford just put that Fatboy Dana 60 under the f450's and higher.

The only thing they changed was they went to radius arms and coils upfront instead of leafs.

Here is from Ford's site for Super Duty Specs
    and from 4wheeloffroad
    this is def not a IFS
    [​IMG]

12. J29

J29 Senior Member

Ifs

The '05 and up SD's that are 2wd still have a solid front axle. Our F450 2wds at my work are all rated at 6,000lbs. up front. I don't know the rating for our two 550's, I'll have to check. Also, the plastic fender pieces are only on the 450's and 550's because the axle is wider than before, this way it doesn't stick out as much. My supervisors new '06 F350 4x4 SRW has a Dana 60 up front underneath. Hope that helps clear up some confusion. J.

13. Big Dog D

Your'e right. I stand corrected.:blush2: