1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Info With This

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RSK, Mar 14, 2007.

1. RSK

RSK Senior Member

Hi guys

i have a ?? I have this place that i plow for and i gave them a invoice last month on 2/19/07 and the guy i gave it to did not give it to the office that rights the checks out. I went there today to find out why i did not get a check yet and that guy never gave it to him and now i will not get a check tell next month some time what would you do if about this??
    thanks

2. dboling

dboling Junior Member
    from Poconos

I'd wait until next month.
    You should have mailed a copy of invoice to place of business.

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Days have long since past when people travel around from account to account. Computer invoices, or at the very least invoices with carbons for your protection and records. Mail monthly for less work or after every storm (more work and cost for you). Your time is valuable, and an hour spent on mailing invoices is better than 6 hours chasing accounts. Good luck!

~Kevin

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

One thing needs clarification - Why did you give it to that guy in the first place? Who was he that you trusted him to relay the invoice?

I'd agree that now you should just wait till next month. For whatever reason, they didn't have the bill TO pay it. In a sense, that is what happened to me. A guy bought out the trash hauling company that I'd used for ten years. I'd always paid yearly when I received the annual statement that could have been paid monthly. For the next two years, HE NEVER SENT OUT BILLS/COUPONS. Of course, I didn't pay the bill I never got. This year, he sent me letter asking if I could send something to get caught up. Huh??? Come to find out, I owed two years and another for this year. I paid the past two years and cancelled the service. If he can't run his company better than that, I'd haul my trash to the dump myself. Maybe not exactly the same as your situation, but the principle is the same. They can't pay a bill they don't get.

5. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

If your invoice date was 2/19/07 it has not even been 30 days yet. I still have stuff from last year that is open, its just the way it goes, some of these management companies have crazy payment terms but if you want their work then you accept their terms.

6. RSK

RSK Senior Member

the guy i gave it to is the one they said for me to give it to when the guy that sends them in is not there. i have been plowing them for 2 years and this guy never did this before. this bill is for $ 4,000 and i have not got last months yet. They said they sent it in. It don't take 3-4 week to come from Ohio. the place i plow pays 2 times a month and the days are 14-31 thats why i gave it to them on the 19 of last month so they would put it in on the 28 and i would get it today on the 14 thats was there next payday :drinkup:

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

It looks like each is blaming the other. I think I'd take a noncommittal stance. I'd simply say that I want to send future bills directly to the dept/person who cuts the check to avoid these problems. In this case, there's really nothing more you can do but wait a couple more weeks before taking any further action.