1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any info on this

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by RSK, Feb 7, 2006.

1. RSK

RSK Senior Member

hi guy's
    i am getting a new truck this year it is a 2006 ford f650 dump i would like
    to get a blizzard plow do you know if they make a mount for this
    truck what kind of spreader would you use on this thanks ROBERT
    :waving: :drinkup:

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

The 8611 would be a good canidate for that truck!!

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i dont beleive blizzard make a plow strong enough for that size truck.

john

4. RSK

RSK Senior Member

hi guys
    i got a call from blizzard and they do not make a mount for this
    truck and do not have a plow for this. my ?? is in there book i got
    they said the 8611 was for truck that have 18,000 gvw or more and
    they do not make a mount for this any info thanks Robert:waving:

do you know if you can make a mount or get one made for this. i like the
    blizzard 8611 i am not going to be plowing 500 mails of road way at a time
    do any of you know why they do not make a mount or plow for this truck.
    help

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  5. lohr

lohr Junior Member
    from 18411

That truck might be to big for that plow but if that is the plow your dead set having we can make a mount for you.That is our specialty and we are in Pa,and we are a Blizzard dealer ,give us a call (570)487-4151 ask for Mark

6. RSK

RSK Senior Member

hi
    ball park how much will a mount run me to make for this truck
    western plow for that truck is 9 - 10 ft plow the blizzard plow is 9 ft go's to 11 ft right
    why is that truck to big for that plow thanks robert

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  7. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The wings will not handle the weight behind them. By the time you get loaded with ballast or salt you will be way over 25,000 pounds. The 8611 is for 450 or 550 series trucks not a truck with a full load that is close to 30,000
    You need either a muni plow or at the least a Western Heavyweight. Even the big Boss v-s dont hold up behind a 5500 series truck.

If you need a mount made go see Jerre Heyer in Erie, he has made mounts for these big trucks before. A great guy and he will not stear you wrong.
    Todd

8. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

My blizzard catalog says they're good for medium duty trucks up to 27,000 GVWR. I thought the smallest truck they would put the regular 8611 was on a 550 series truck?

9. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

If your lookin for a Blizzard, try Tractor Parts Co. in Bloomsburg PA, They're well worth the drive. Great service, knowledge, and they have way better prices than the smaller dealers that might only sell a handful of plows a year. Good luck!

10. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Ive Seen One On A 5500 Topkick But I Agree With The Other Guys. They Dont Make That Mount For A Reason And If You Have Damage To It For Whatever Reason Im Sure Your Warrenty Will Be Voided Because All That Wait Bouncin Off A Curb Will Do Some Damage. ID GO WITH THE FISHER MUNI 10

11. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

RSK,

If your looking for a big Vbox for that truck, I have a Hi-way Super P Hi Capacity for Sale. Used but in GREAT shape. Otherwise put an under the tailgate spreader if you have central hydros in the truck. If the bed is electric go with a Vbox. PM me if interested.

Ken