1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Info On This Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RSK, Dec 20, 2005.

1. RSK

RSK Senior Member

Hi guys

I am looking in to getting a new spreader i like the sand pro 1875 by snow ex
    any of you ever use one and any info on this thanks :waving:

2. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

got one real nice spreader ,just wish it was little bigger.when you hit the switch it emptys fast,auger and vibrator work good together.the control box is nice too.vibrator switch,control for auger and for spinner,just keep chunks out of it.screen needs smaller holes but it is heavy duty screen,you can just add some bars to it.best spreader i have yet as far as small pick up style ,never buy another one with out the auger,that is the trick and the vibrator just tops it off. as far as durability cant say yet only second year.
    also has real nice electrical plug,very tough ,clean plug in connection,

sold on it here so far about twenty five tons of bulk slung through it,only clogged once.

3. ventana

ventana Junior Member

seems there's better...

i just did a bunch of research (granted - no actual experience w/one). i settled on the air flo mss. all ss. appears that the air flo belt and spinner system is way better than the snowex auger. i did have a snowex 1075 w/ vibrator. it wasn't anywhere near as beefy as the airflo. it seemed that the 1875 was that same as the 1075. the airflo, i expect will have a 15 to 20 yr life span - yes, there will be some repairs and parts worn out, etc., - and i know that you will be lucky to get 8 yrs out ot the snowex. even the guys at the snowex/trynex factory say that if you get 8 you're really lucky.

AND - the price is virtually the same.

at least you should check out the mss before you buy.

gl

4. RSK

RSK Senior Member

Do you have a web sit for air flo spreaders

5. RHarrah

RHarrah Member

What's the Airflo run?

6. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

Yeh The Stainless Spreader Looks Like Nice Spreader Looks Sturdy .i Agree Some Things Could Be Beefed Up On The 1875 ,the Only Reason I Did Get One Was I Needed A Spreader On One Of The Pickups And It Was The Only One That I Saw Would Take Bulk ,i Like The Design ,but The Main Reason Was Price Last Jan We Got It At Lesco For 1499 Now I Believe They Are 2200.lesco Discontinued That Model,trynex Makes All Lesco Stuff So It Same As Snowex.but Dif Name.but Not Worth 2200

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I love my SnowEx 1075, so I'm sure the 1875 is better!:)