1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any info on Pull Back Plows?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Freddy_Kruger, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

I seen one in action this winter, next winter I want one.

So I can't find any info here with the search so can anyone offer up ideas.

Good, bad, pros and cons etc..

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

do you mean rear plows that mount to the back of your truck or an extra cutting edge on your front plow so when you back drag it scrapes better?

3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

The ones that mount on the back.

You back up to garage door, drop the pull plow and drag snow into the street.

I seen a guy do two driveways faster than I did one using that method.

Are pull plows not too popular?

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I got one this year and though it didn't get much use it will be a big time saver. It also scraps down to the pavement since they have down pressure.

5. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I bought a used Arctic last season. It speeds things up a bit and does a better scaping job that back dragging. The only draw backs are it makes the truck a couple of feet longer and it would make it hard to use a salter. If you you buy a new one look at the Arctic Plow Partner they are priced the best around here. I think they were going for around $2800 Canadian.

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

If you drag snow out into the street here in Jersey you will surely have to sell ALL of your equipment to pay the traffic tickets and possibly the bail! :cry:

Dragging snow into the street is AGAINST THE LAW! :eek:

7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

I didn't even know it snow in Jersey... oh WAIT I seen that Sopranos episode:D
    You drag it into the street so you can use the front plow to push it up on the bank, lol.

Thanks for the info Razor.tymusic I would only be using it for residential drive ways, no salter required.

Razor, do you know if the back gate of a half ton could be lowered with a pull back mounted? I guess the blade would have to be down but, could you get a snow blower off the truck bed?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  8. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

If the rear blade was lowered you should be able to drop the tailgate. I'm not 100% sure because I remove my tailgate for the winter.

9. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

Where in MB are you located, Freddy?

I am in The Pas.

10. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

Winnipeg!

Is there a problem with your rear liscense plate being blocked off while driving with these rear plows?

The Pas? they are even colder than us:salute:

11. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I moved my rear plate to my head ache rack(homemade backrack). I put a small light on it that I plugs into my trailer light connector. The cops around here will ticket you if they can't see the front or back plate and there must be a white light on the back plate.

12. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  13. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger Member

Thats a great link, thanks.