1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any imput on new proposal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Theshoemaker, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Just looking for some imput/advice on a new proposal i'm playing around with. This is just an "estimate" for commercial properties, i have a contract and it is seperate.
    Thanks!!!!

BID/PROPOSAL TO COMPLETE WINTER SERVICES

Property Name:________________________________________________

Property Address:______________________________________________

A. Per Visit Pricing as follows:

Price per visit to Plow Snow : ____________
    Price per Salt Application: _____________
    Price to clear/de-ice walkways/sidewalks per visit: ___________

Total Per Visit: _______________
    ______________________________________________________________________________

B. Seasonal Contract Pricing:

Contact price for snow plowing 11/1/2010 thru 5/1/2010: ____________ or 5 Monthly Installments of: ____________.
    **Price does not include any salt/de-icing applications**
    Salt/de-icing services are billed per application and are billed in a NET 15 fashion.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    C. Full service Pricing (Unlimited):

Service includes all snowplowing, clearing of walkways/sidewalks and salt/de-icing applications from 11/1 thru 5/1/2010.

Price: __________________Or ____________________ (5 Monthly Installments.)
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    *Contractor Carries a minimum of $2,000,000.00 Commercial General Liability Insurance.(Proof upon request).
    *All Snowplowing services are started when 2” of snow has accumulated .
    *Salt/de-icing applications are to be applied at the discretion of the contractor.
    *Zero-Tolerance Is also offered upon request.
    *If proposal is not accepted before 12/1/2010, it will be deemed as declined.
    *If choosing to accept this proposal: Please Call or Mail proposal back and specify which plan is accepted. (A,B,C).

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

I feel that a stock proposal form with "blanks" and underlined spots for numbers is generic and makes the cusomter feel like a part of a group, of which they do NOT want to be a part of. They want to be your FIRST, LAST, and TOP concern; make them feel that way.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Instead of having a proposal and a contract make it as one and have them sign the one they want. Write up your company name and info on the top and have a printer make a 3 part carbon for you.

4. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

proposal

Interesting, it's too busy for me (just me probably fine for you) Make sure your customer knows that the 2 inch trigger means thats when you're goin, not necessarily when they'll see you out of their window. Also make damn sure anything you offer on paper you can fulfill or you'll not be very popular. If you're not sure you can come through, offer it as available completed on a first come first served basis. Just trying to help.

5. grandview

Didn't see the salt thing. I have mine where they have to call me. This way it's on them if something happens before I get there.

6. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I feel alot of people will go with option A as they might not want to pay for services not rendered if it is not a snowy season. Im just curious what your stop/loss numbers are, meaning how many storms or pushes can you make before you start to lose money if you are offering a full service price for the 5 months?

7. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

What kind of upgrade does "zero-tolerance" mean (to the customer) when it's not included in your full service option?

And how do you keep the site safe if you don't begin plowing before a 2"depth is met? Throw copious amount of salt?

8. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

too generic. i have a 10 page contract i have everyone sign and it covers everything.

you need to spell out payment terms for every option, discuss whether finance charges will be applied to any invoices not paid in a timely manner.

the time frame in which the work will be completed.

who's responsible for staking the property out. maintaining access to fire doors and fire hydrants.

if you don't work solo, list emergency contact information.

you're salting is too vague. they need to understand if they deny service, full slip and fall liability falls on them, not you. And that snow plowing does not consititute as a de-icing agent. (had a customer claim that once)

who handles snow removal and for what rate(s).

documentation. do they want job tickets signed, do you turn in time sheets, etc. etc.

who is responsible for lawn damages. property damage. how that damage is to be repaired. you want to take full responsibility for that, if not, they'll find someone with the highest rate and bend you over for a nice large backcharge.

sales tax.

rights to termination of the contract for both you and the customer.

i know it's a lot, but it's all worth it. get sued once and you'll learn that there is never a contract that is too long. spell everything out and never assume they understand anything.

9. Theshoemaker

In, my area we average about 20-25 pushes in a decent winter. If they choose to go the per push route, that is fine. I budget my contracts so even if i plow 30 times, i'm still making a profit. It's a risk, but anyone who does contract work in the winter knows the risk. It might only snow once or twice or it may snow for a week straight.

10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We did a 2 part paper with company logo and it works out very well. You get a copy and they get a copy so there is no questions as to what they pay, services etc. We got 500 copies and paid around 250ish. Ours has a few lines for filling in but it is what it is. I'm not going to re-ivent the wheel for every body. Just make sure you have everything spelled out so there is no "ooopppsss we forgot to put that in".

11. Theshoemaker

I understand, i have a 8 page contract that explains all this. I was just playing around with this to be a quick price guide and to get my pricing out there. I feel a small proposal that just lists my pricing and basic set-up will get me seen and if they are interested, they will call and they can sign my contract.I agree with you guys saying to just use contract but i wanted to make this for a few places that i just plan on dropping this off at.
    Thnaks again for imput.

12. redman6565

oh ok, well that's good then. i just ahte seeing guys feel so comfortable with a 1 or 2 page contract is all.

13. grandview

I must be old fashion you give a 10 page contract I'll look for someone else.Sounds like a union man working harder on finding ways not to work then just work.

14. redman6565

not really. cover sheet and signature page, so theres 2 off the start. i just take time spelling out what it is we do, our own expectations of our performance. rates and responsibilities.

15. redman6565

a we're one of the farthest things from union you'll find

16. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah seriously, thats a lengthy contract. We landed several residential and one business by not having a novel for a contract. Granted the business is a local family owned type place and I'm sure larger companies need more spelled out, however would their blood sucking lawyers justify their existence. Some chain businesses we mow have lengthy contracts basically saying the same thing over and over.