1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any ideas on control layouts??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kl0an, Dec 22, 2003.

1. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

We're using Fish Sticks in all our rigs and then we have a toggle switched in a nice box that's velcroed to the seat for our Daniels back blades..

Problem I have is that when you stack your snow, you have to raise the back blade with your right hand and most of us reach over and shift to reverse with our left. Wondering if we should mount our controls on the left or at least one of them..

Does anyone have ideas or even pictures on thier controls setups??

2. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Nobody has any neat ideas??

:confused:

3. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Search back a few pages, I know there was a thread on here about a month ago about this.

4. tru cut

tru cut PlowSite.com Veteran

I mounted the switch for my daniels pull plow in the kick panel so i can use my left foot. I find it a lot quicker that way. I also have the fish stick that i hold w/ my right hand and steer w/left.

5. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Hey, foot control.. Now THAT'S an idea!!.. The problem with holding the fishstick in your right hand is when you have to shift gears, you're usually reaching over with your left to do it.. Kinda awkward.. I was tryin my fishstick in my left hand on clean up and it seems to be a lot faster.. Can you post a picture of that foot switch or point me in a direction for one?

Thanks for the idea.

Paul

6. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Why not mount one of the controls on the gear shift?

7. tru cut

tru cut PlowSite.com Veteran

KLOan,
    i just took the switch out of the gray plastic box that daniels had it in drilled a hole in the kick panel by my left foot and mounted the toggle switch in the hole.I steer with my left hand, shift and run the fish stick with my right seems to work the best for me. What kind of truck do you have mine is in a Ford S.D.