1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Idea why plow plow will go up but not down?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TheKing, Dec 18, 2004.

1. TheKing

TheKing Junior Member

Any Idea why my plow will go up but not down?

Hey Guys,
    I just hooked my plow up for the first time this season and after i got everything on my plow went up but wont go down, I tried pushing it in really hard and used some penetrating oil but i can't get the thing to go back down. When i stored it outside for the summer I did not push the pump down all the way I don't know if that has anything to do with it but i'm hoping it didn't seize.
    it's about a 4 year old western plow on an f250.
    I just got the mount and wiring installed i don't know if that would have anything to do with it.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  2. gottabirdog

gottabirdog Junior Member

My Western Pro would angle and raise but wouldn't lower the last time I had it on. The problem was that the hand-held control wasn't plugged all the way in.Maybe it's a similar electrical problem.

3. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

it will take me an hour to type a response as to what to check, so lets try this.

A) do you still need help with plow?
    B) if yes, please post a response.

have a nice night, PT. :rolleyes:

4. TheKing

TheKing Junior Member

Hey guys I got it with a lot of fiddeling thanks so much for your help.

5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I'm glad it worked out for you. I do have to say... I couldn't help but get a big grin when I saw your name and avatar. I somehow get this picture of Barney looking down out of his dump truck at Homer. lol Here's the little "ditty" that barney did with Linda Ronstadt (they had been waiting a while to do something like that together). "So, ya better make that call to the Plow King!"
    http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/downloads/music/plowking.mp3

6. NU-Plowr

NU-Plowr Member

for future reference...........www.angelos-supplies.com has a pretty cool troubleshooting guide online for Westerns.

7. TheKing

TheKing Junior Member

Runner, That where half the name came from, i'm a huge simpson's fan.