1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any idea on cost

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Henry0016, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Henry0016

Henry0016 Member

Does anyone no what it would cost to have fan clutch pn 22149894 installed in my 2002 2500hd.

Thank you

2. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

you'd have to ask the dOod doing the work, prices are gona vary..last time i did mine it was like 4 13mm-1/2" nuts..and 20 minutes of "work"..

dealer would charge you at least 1 hour @ approx.$75 per/hr.

3. schnitz

schnitz Member

I just changed the clutch and the fan on my '97 C1500. Just the new clutch was $80. When I changed the waterpump 2 months ago, I made the tool I needed to uncrew the clutch. I found a used 11 fin plastic fan (to replace the 5 blade steel one) w/clutch for $79 total. Less than a 10 minute job if you are mechanically inclined. Here's the tool I made for the job, too. Very simple in design, and the pics are of the tool in use on holding the pulley with it out of the truck for a better view. The fan just unscrews from the water pump.

In a while, Chet.

Business end.JPG

tool in use.JPG

Last edited: Dec 10, 2005