1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Hiniker C Plow Hook Up Tips

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by olesnowpatrol, Dec 29, 2012.

1. olesnowpatrol

olesnowpatrol Member

Hi Guys,
    Just got a brand new C plow last week and got it hooked up at the dealership and before my first snow last night. Thought I was done for a while, but one of the accounts needed a "clean up" so I went to hook up again and the plow and truck were on uneven ground, then the plow was too low, etc. I got the plow into the brackets but can't lock the pins so I just said "the heck with it' for the night and will try again tomorrow.

Any tips on how/where to drop it and how/where to hook up?

jason o.
  2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

make sure you use the jack stand & the red headset lock/rest, & push lift cylinder down. I've also found that sometimes it goes almost all way in, just before pins can go through it stops & you can try to push the plow along the ground but it wont go last bit. I just get it almost all way then get out and push headset/lights up & towards truck & repush lift cylender down again. then it goes rest way in when I drive forwards.
  3. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

Grease...good synthetic waterproof grease on your forks on the truck side.
  4. ChicagoPlower

ChicagoPlower Senior Member

I thought I was the only person to use that trick, ha ha . Make sure you always have the plow set high enough to allow the forks to go in with the least amount of resistance. It may look like the plow is set too high sometimes, but it's kind of an optical illusion.
  5. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I always thought it was a minor miracle when I got my plow far enough on that you could pull the lock lever. I didn't use grease but used a spray lubricant on the forks. I've at times had to but a skid loader bucket against the cutting edge to keep it from sliding. My truck was a dedicated plow truck where I left it on for the entire Winter.

I've never been able to push down on my cylinder when in float mode. The pedal just wants to bend. I think the packing nut is too tight or cylinder may need replaced.
  6. jeffkssg

jeffkssg Junior Member

c plow

When you remove it from truck set control to float and depress main lift cylinder all the way down with foot, then set kick stand support.

There is "rooster comb" that will flip up under bolts for lift and tilt the plow frame back to truck and set this on highest setting it fits and plow will be at correct height to drive back into.

Once you get the hang of it you can take it off / on in less than 1 min.
  7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

so where is the pics of your new C-plow?