1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any guidance?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by riplower, Oct 17, 2009.

1. riplower

riplower Junior Member

Just starting to do lots this year any looking for a little guidance on how I should price. They want a "per-storm" price, plentty of area to move the snow... I genealy have my prices from 3"-6", 7"10, etc. Just wondering where I should start for a baseline.. First Pic is the entrance...roughly 100' x100'. Next one is the road down to the exit..roughly 20'x120'. Appreciate any help.

lot 2.jpg

Lot 1.jpg

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

need more info my friend, what kind of equipment are you using, do you sand/salt too, well you have to move around vehicles while doing it, example

-if no vehicles in the lot while being done
    -no salt
    -one skid steer, with a 8 foot push on it
    -piles on each side of the lot,
    -i would say you would have it done in 1.5-2 hours,
    but that is a lot of what if's

3. riplower

riplower Junior Member

2 trucks..no salt. Piling snow around perimeters. Forgot to mention doing one sidewalk in the front. Its the length of the building. The bigger lot is empty which will get done first, cars get moved then we do the rest.

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

with two trucks you should go through that in about 1/2 an hour to 1hr tops, depending on how long it takes those vehicles to move for you, the front walk is another story, are you doing it by hand, if so, i would suggest doing it when they are moving vehicles to optomize time. that lot should go pretty fast for you, hope it helps. also a observation, that looks to be more like 40x120, 20 feet for the parking place and 20 feet for the road way, yes?

5. riplower

riplower Junior Member

not where the cars are..the lot reduces, it looks bigger in the pic. I measured it maybe 21' to be exact. thanks

6. riplower

riplower Junior Member

and the front walk will be done with a blower.