1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any guesse?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by firelwn82, Sep 3, 2006.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Does anybody have an idea on prices for Blizzard plows this season. A bit early but preperation is key.

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

a dealer in your area will have the best info on this. hope this helps.

3. firelwn82

yeah I tried them. They have no clue. They did say that the prices were going up. Did not know how much.:gunsfiring: :cry:

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Last time I looked it's Sept. and they don't know?
    Get a Boss!:D

5. firelwn82

I realy want the Blizz. I have a subdivision that I plow the streets and about 20 of the drives. I don't want to be there for a week at a time. Plus its a Mich based Company. So I would like to give my money to the mitt. Wait and see.

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

boss plows are based out of Iron Mountain Michigan. :)

7. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Not anymore.....they (Blizzard plows) will be made at the Fisher plant in Tennessee!

8. firelwn82

realyid not know that

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a good dealer.

10. firelwn82

Yea pretty much... So I got ahold of Jerre and he told me what was going on. I don't think the price has gone up since laast year. Still 5300 for 810. Thanks again Jerre

11. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

My dealer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa quoted me about the same, $5400 for a 810 mounted on my 05 F250 SD

BTW any one want a near new 7'6" Snoway with wireless and Pressure? I have it listed on Ebay right now for $2600 but will sell it to a Plowsite member for $2300.00

Kent

12. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

DO NOT SETTLE for a BOSS. If you want a BLIZZARD call around until you find the RIGHT dealer. Even there is a drive it will be worth it in the time you save plowing, the addtional lots you can plow made but the time you saved and most any BLIZZARD dealer, JERRE include WILL drop ship parts to your front door so if you do need a repair you can get it done anywhere. Anything between $5,400. - $5,800. installed with the Snow deflector is what I have paid the past three years so I can not see that much of an increase UNLESS the DEALER is going to gouge pricing to either keep the Blizzard sales down or take advantage of those wanting a Blizzard and knowing they might have to pay alittle more to increase production by hands down by 30% NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

13. firelwn82

Thanks Evgreen. What do you think about the downeaster dump? Thaught about it but is it worth the money? The spreader is an extrao 2k I think. But it is a year round deal?

14. 4evergreenlawns

The Downeaster dump insert w/replacment spreader is AWESOME. I added steel side and steel rear door for the summer. I could not be happier. Before the Downeaster Spreader I tried it all, VEEPRO8000, Swenson 8' Vbox with the Honda engine, ProFlo2. For bulk salt I have seen the best most dependable service out of the Downeasters. Last season I spreader over 180 tons of salt and I would say about 2/3 of that went doing without ONE failure outof the two Downeasters.

If you are in the lawn and Snow biz you WILL get every penny outof this set up. I am happy with BOTH that I have.

15. firelwn82

So what did your setup cost you?

16. 4evergreenlawns

Which set up and what cost? Insert and spreader? Plow? Steel sides? Truck?

17. firelwn82

sorry. Insert and spreader complete

18. 4evergreenlawns

With Shipping to Chicago about $5,500.00 total. Well worth it BOTH times and again in the future should I ever add any more P/U's.

The insert gets used all year. I have filled that up with everything you can think of in proportion of course. I could not do half to 2/3 of the work I do without them seeing how both the F-350's are on maintenace routes.

Just for the mulch alone, not to mention Spring and Fall Clean Ups, Bush trimming, Sod, seed and Soil work. Brick work, you name it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006