1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any good way to paint SS blades?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by birddseedd, Oct 2, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

on the snowdogg i'm hopefully getting I would like to paint my logo and phone number to the front. Is there a good way of doing this? simply painting it will get rubbed off by snow. What does snowdogg do to keep their logo from coming off?

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Vinyl lettering

3. birddseedd

Any specific kind or way of doing it to keep the snow from pealing it off? Guess if i couldn't get that stuff of my trailer with a 3500 psi washer it should work great for snow. Can i have my logo printed on vinyl anywhere?

That is a pretty dang good idea tho.

4. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

i agree vinyl is deffinetly the way to go

5. birddseedd

$30 bucks. would have to see it to see how well it would stick up but looks like itl be a great option

tyvm

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Any sign company should be able to print you out something nice, but it's going to look like crap after a while. Get the most heavy duty stuff they offer so it hopefully lasts. When are you getting the Snow Dogg?

7. birddseedd

hopefully novemer. i'v been approved for the snowdog, hitch spreadder and a plow for my mower.

wont sell mine till i have the new one mounted

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Put clear fingernail around the edges to seal the deal.

9. birddseedd

?:confused:

10. 1olddogtwo

U should market that idea to the plow people.

11. 1olddogtwo

It helps sealing the edges of the vinyl so snow and debris can't get behind the decal.

12. birddseedd

Put clear fingernail polish around the edges to seal the decal.

will do

would silicon be better?

13. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

no, use nail polish, silicone will get dirty

14. 1olddogtwo

negative ghostrider.

If you were good, a couple of tacks with ss wire would be enough.

15. birddseedd

How about gorilla super glue (like super glue but much stronger). its clear and should hold up better than nail polish. I'm going on the assumption nail polish wouldn't be the strongest stuff.

16. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

Test it out. Like you gave trial period for Fluid Film on your boots last season

17. birddseedd

it was the hydrophobic spray i put on my boots. was quite dissatisfied with it. only lasted a couple days. neither that stuff nor the fluid film really made any difference. planning on buying some fresh fluid film and a different brand hydrophobic this year and see if it makes any difference.

18. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

Motor oil for my boots best waterprooof couple bucks good for the year

19. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

On you boots use a product called "Snow Seal". They have it at Walmart (or at least they did), you put it on put the boots by a wood stove or something to get it warm that's it.

20. birddseedd

well. i didnt try the hydrophobic spray to make them water proof. they are already waterproof. I tried it to keep it clean. after using the spray i could pour dirty motor oil or syrup and it would slide right off. but it didnt last very long.

next time ill try a new brand and use a pump spray mixing kind. same with fluid film. although. the fluid film is pretty pointless. even the companies own test by their "scientists" show it to only work for 45 days. and thats in a lab not real world.