1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any good feedback on Newholland LS185?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Feb 10, 2005.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Stopped at the newholland dealer yesterday and they had the LS185 in stock. I really liked it. Anybody have one? They guy told me that this model is perfect for snowplowing and landscaping and grading. Any feedback on them. I really want to make a purchase on a skid steer this spring. I also like the john deeres but havent looked into them. Thanks guys!
  2. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

New Holland are junk. Buy a Cat 2-speed. We have a Cat 242 and 216 at work both with pro-techs. They are both very fast and are really tough machines. A friend I also work with sometimes during the winter doing flagstone walks has 3 New Hollands and two of them are always in the shop being fixed. He just purchased a Cat skid too and he swears by the thing too. Bobcat would be my second choice and then John Deere. Just my opinion
  3. tom 300

tom 300 Junior Member

We have a new holland 170 modle which is a bit smaller than the 185.It is a decent machine no complaints with it so far but we use it more for backfilling and final grading and moving gravel.I agree the Cat models are great a little more money but well worth it if you have the cash.I am a big fan of Case models myself as I have run them forever and think they are as tough as any other machine.I think the best all around machine is a Case 75XT.I have looked at many many skid steer companies and what seems to be a good deal out there are Thomas skid loaders as they come with a 5000 hour warranty.You can check them out at www.thomasloaders.com and I know some go at auctions in your area for fairly good prices.If you have any questions send me message as i have done alot of research on skid steers as I am going to more than likely buy one this year as well.
  4. sharpercut

sharpercut Junior Member
    from MD

I have two NH LS180's and have zero problems with them. We use protechs on them and they work fine. Everyone I know who has New Hollands do not have any problems with them. They are just as good as a deere, but like 6000 cheaper. Atleast down in MD its that much lower.
  5. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

We are partial to the Thomas skids around here because there head office is just 50 miles from us. Nice stuff and can get good used models around here.
  6. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer Junior Member

I have a LX865 which is the same as the 185. We have had zero trouble with the unit. With it's vertical lift, it way outlifts my friends skid steers. Would highly recommend it as long as you have good dealer support. I just bought a Bobcat for that reason.
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you have to get what you think is the best service