1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Feedback on an FX4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MatthewG, Aug 9, 2010.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Looking at a 2004 F 250 FX4 crew cab gas with 101K on it. Anything I need to know about it which would prevent me from plowing with this truck?

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

That truck is as ready as you can get. Slap a blade on her and your ready to go make some cash!payup
  3. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

does the truck have a plow prep package on it ?.. Look at the driverside door and see what the front end weight rating is..
  4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

It's a gasser, so there aint too much to go wrong with it... Just the usual ford stuff, ball joints, rear axle seals, and the 4r100 tranny will be due soon if it hasn't already been done. If it was a 6. uh oh, I'd tell you to run the other direction...
  5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

The 6.0 is fine. I have one. 2007. No issues whatsoever.
  6. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

What should the plow prep package weight rating be? Its a truck from a dealer and they dont know left from right when it comes to plow prep packages.

Ive made up my mind on the 6.0 unless it is an 06 or later im gonna pass, and 06 and up is to much $$ for a part time plow truck.
  7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

5200 FGAWR. All the plow prep package included was springs for the gas motors, nothing else. Even if the truck does not have them, have the dealer knock the price down to cover the cost of getting them independently done. It's not that expensive.

As to the above poster, I'm wondering why the 4R100 will need to be "done" soon at 100,000 miles?
  8. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

Agreed. The 4r100 is a pretty good transmission. I know of one that had 800,000 miles on it last I knew that was still in good working order. Not sure how this past year has been to it. Lots of highway miles doing hotshot hauling but still an 800k auto trans is pretty impressive.