1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any feedback good or bad?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by jlcf, Oct 8, 2008.

1. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

We just started carrying Snowdogg. My intentions are to be a fill in when I can't sell a Boss for specific plow applications. After researching them and taking delivery of the MD 6'8 & 7'6" I have been really impressed.....especially for the price! I have alot of expierience in plows and think theses will be a hell of a good product. Any feedback good or bad wouldbe appreciated.jlcustomfab@suscom-maine.net

2. Randy's plowing

Randy's plowing Junior Member

I just checked one out the other day. They seem decent, but they have a bulldog screw jack......that seemed kinda cheesy, but other than that it seemed good.

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

another good thing is my dealer gives you 3 months no money down no interestwesportpayup

4. mikef54

mikef54 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Just had a Snowdogg MD75 installed on my 2007 chevy 1500 Crew Cab with the v8 motor with heavy duty towing package. The frame mount section has three bolt section not being used. Distance from ground is 7.5 inches with blade in float. 5.5 inches with blade raised. Any suggestions for height on this set up along with trimming the bottom plates. What would be the minimum chain setting at full height blade is 7.5 inches from ground.

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

1500's are tough. They sag a lot, and have a fair bit of frame height variation. We've recommended to dealers that any 1/2T trucks may require timbrens, torsion bar keys, or leveling kits. We leave this to the dealers as most competent plow installers have a favorite brand or method.

We've also shortened some of our side plates - we found that dealers were trimming side plates pretty regularly.

Scott M
    BPC Engineering

6. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

I just put a 7.5 md on a 2007 dodge 1500. i got timbrens in front and back. I am concerned with the side plate also. The guys at the shop that installed it told me that "I" could trim off the bottom 1.5". I thought they would have done it for me. I'll get some pics tomorrow, if it doesnt snow to much. other than that it seems to be a very good little plow. With the timbrens on my Dodge, the front only dips 1/2 inch when the plow is raised.

7. jcart

jcart Junior Member

i have a 75md and i love it on my tundra with timbrens on the front 2" level lift in the front as well and 285 75 18 bfg all terrains rides great the plow drops down on the timbrens but with the spacers barely engages them so i have a near stock ride

8. holtdogg08

holtdogg08 Junior Member

Snow dogg

i JUST BOUGHT A MD-75 FOR MY 2008 CHEVY 1/2 TON THE PLOW IS VERY LIGHT AROUND 400LBS , I WOULD AGREE ABOUT THE SCREW JACK KINDA CHEESY.BUT U CAN BEAT THE PRICE TO START PLOWING I PAID $2600.00 OUT THE DOOR I INSTALLED IT MYSELF IN A FEW HOURS HAD TROUBLE WITH THE LIGHTING ...WENT TO THE DOGG WEB SITE AND THEY HAD A TECH UPGRADE I HAD TO SWITCH SOME WIRE IN THE PLUG ENDS. THE OTHER THING THAT WAS A TECH NOTE WAS THE PLOW FRAME HANGS REALLY LOW FRO THE CHEVY 1/2 TON I MOUNTED MY PLOW ALL THE WAY UP ON THE BRACKET AND CUT THE BOTTOM 3" INCH OFF. THE PLOW IS VERY QUICK LEFT RIGHT UP DOWN.. VERY HAPPY !! AT WORK I PLOW WITH A 8'2" BOSS V BLADE

HOPE THIS HELPS

9. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

I also bought the MD-75 this season, my first. Put it on a 2000 1500, n MAN DOES IT SAGG!

It is very quick all around, n light, but Im tired of bottoming out already. In the Cleveland area.....anybody know where I can get a set of Timbrens installed out here? Cuz I need em!

Jack is cheesy, but workable. But the price point is what made my choice.

10. Rhyno6

Rhyno6 Junior Member

Snowdogg VX 8'6"

This snowdogg V is the best on the market hands down. I have the 4th one in the US sold by the only dealer selling the V. Bought from Hyde Equipment in Petoskey MI. Will plow circles around a Boss. The lift cylinder is almost twice as big as the Western Pro Plus lift.
    All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Rhyno6

Rhyno6 Junior Member

Front Leveling

There is no reason to pay $240.00 for Timbrens when Snowdogg makes there own levelers for $140.00 I had a set installed from the dealer I bought my plow from. Any one can install these in your yard in about 30 mins or less if you can turn a wrench no joke.

12. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Wow, Thanks!

Had no idea about the levelers from Buyers....wish they had told me that! I was fortunate enough to have the Buyers engineers look over my system since they're only a couple miles from my dealer.....either way...I'm calling them this morning!

Thnks again Rhino

13. badave

badave Junior Member
    from MA

I had a MD75 put on my 08 Chevy 1500. Just got back from using it for a few hours. I must say i am very happy with it.As for sag, my truck doesnt seem to sag much with it.

14. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Thats cuz u have an 08!

R u really plowing with an 08? N y didnt u get the HD?

15. badave

badave Junior Member
    from MA

Yup sure am plowing with my 08. I only have like 8 driveways to do an they are not very big.Would have liked to get a HD but couldnt spend the extra money at this time.

16. holtdogg08

holtdogg08 Junior Member

My 08 chevy does not even drop and i have the chevy 20" wheels and tires.......i have already paid for ahalf of the plow this season....live in michigan Really like my DOGG !!

SCOTT from BPC where are my decales ?

17. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

The MD only weighs 400# and the HD weighs 680#. That's a big difference on a 1500.

18. slowhand11404

slowhand11404 Junior Member

I just bought an MD75 for my 06 F150. Did a little bit at the end of last weeks storm and looking forward to some snow later this week.

19. BRFORD

BRFORD Junior Member

I have the HD/75 on my 06 f250 the only problems i've had are mounting and since I installed it myself the light adapter for the sealed beam lights were junk are had to be replaced

20. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I have had some issues with mounting it as well. I know there are a few others on here that have had the same issues as I. otherwise, its a great plow and I have no complaints. Great support and feedback from my dealer as well.