1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Fabbricators in Central Jersey?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Emstaxi, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

I'm looking to see if there are any fab shops in the central jersey area. I may buy a western or meyers 7 1/2 and will need something to mount it on my 97 explorer.

2. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

:bluebounc ems, try going to modern equiptment, there in farmingdale right off of the rt 34 circle. tony

3. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

I found Seely Equip & Supply in Farmingdale. They're listed as plow dealers. Is this who your talking about? If so, i'll give them a call tommorrow.

4. djg0770

djg0770 Junior Member

Also Monmouth Truck on Shrewsbury Ave in Shrewsbury

But I'd try Seely first.

5. DJL

DJL Senior Member

Yes, Seeley in Farmingdale is Modern. Same place as the previous poster was mentioning. Good luck b/c they are usually really busy and it will take a few weeks for them to do anything in the winter months.

6. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Thanks. I think I'm going over board. Reading other post I realized that as long as the mounting carton is made for my trcuk, then I can pretty much put a 6- 7.5 plow on it. Unless i'm wrong. im gonna check out a used myers. hope it has everything but the carton, if so i'll be in good shape.

7. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I use Off-Road welding in califon for alot of stuff. Those guys are realy good.

8. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

John from "Accurate welding" in Stirling can make or weld anything. He welds cast iron and Korean aluminum like it's butter.
    647-8181.

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

A 7.5 plow is too heavy for an Explorer. It has a pretty much light duty front end. It would soon start to break front end parts and shafts. A Two Meter plow would be a better choice, less weight,less mold board out front. A good fab guy should be able to adapt a truck side to the Explorer. If you are going to plow a lot buy a good plow for the truck, not a light duty
    "your own drive" kinda plow. I used a Bronco II with 2 meter for 4 seasons I know a little about smaller plow trucks and the pitfalls.
    They can plow, just not what the big dogs can do in a single pass.

10. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

There arent many 2meter plows around. I found a used one but the guy is asking 1600 and honestly after looking at used plows its not worth the price. I'll figure something out. I have seen older explorers with 7.5 blades on them with fabbed mounts.

11. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

I have an older snoway lite commerical plow L2490 7.5 foot plow. The whole thing is only 400lb. I may be selling it next year. It's in great shape. Keep in touch if you have any interest.
    Pete