1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any experience with the Snowdogg HD?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by bear430, Aug 3, 2010.

1. bear430

bear430 Junior Member

Im considering buying the HD for my 2008 Tundra. Any good or bad experiences with these plows?

Thanks a lot guys!

2. mr plowman

mr plowman Junior Member

I sold 45-50 of them every body loves them no problems at all

3. bear430

bear430 Junior Member

Does the stainless scratch at all on basic gravel drives?

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Not nearly as bad as any painted plow.

To your original question though....One of my subs has the HD 9fter on his 1ton dump. The plow worked very well for him last winter, not 1 problem. For the money, I think it was his best option on HD 9ft straight plows. I ran it a few times and thought it operated nicely.......Only dislike I have (and its really not that bad), is the mounting system...but otherwise a well built plow.

5. bear430

bear430 Junior Member

Mr Plowman, I was quoted at $3827 installed. How does that sound to you? I didn't think that was too bad but I'm not sure. Also is it true that snowdogg doesn't offer a back drag edge, do I have any other options?
    Thanks

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

My sub had the dealer install a Western backdrag edge when purchased......Works GREAT....it was dealer reccomended(did not void warranty).

7. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Dam thats a good price. I was quoted 3550 installed with tax. At this point I'm just about dead set on the dogg. The stainless calls my name.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We sold a ton of em last year..no problems so far.Thats a good deal installed....snatch it up!

9. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

Yea I'm trying to save for it still snowdogg md in 7.5ft.

10. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

You talking about an MD or HD? If thats the md price then you can do better...:)

11. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

MD I have try to get the price lower trust me on that one hell you can event ask him your self he's a member here don't you know?

12. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

If thats installed with tax as well....great price...jump on it

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Dealer in Maine sells them for $2875 installed (MD75). You'd be better off ordering one from him and having it shipped to you.

14. bizzo15

bizzo15 Senior Member

Has anyone installed these on the OBS 1/2 ton chevy's '88-'98? If so is it an easy install or better off left to a dealer? I'm saving up for my first plow and I'm pretty set on snowdogg due to the features and price and if I can save a few bucks doing the install myself then I will. I'm pretty mechanical and can replace most things on the truck itself but i don't want to get over my head with a plow install.

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It is not rocket science. The biggest issue will be corroded hardware removal.