1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any do's and dont's on implementing liquids?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jason Johnson, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Jason Johnson

Jason Johnson Junior Member

We are going to start testing applying liquids for anti icing as well as pre-wetting salt for deicing. Anything from what liquid material to use as well as how much and when. Also how you are charging for this on T&M, per occurrence, and event contracts. Thanks in advance.

2. rrplowing

rrplowing Junior Member

IceBGone Magic of Dayton. It's works to -40 below zero when used straight. When we blend it into brine, we put 20% magic. It works down to -20 below zero. We use half the amount of product but still charge the same as you would for regular salt. We get better results and faster results. We also picked up a few accounts just because it's on the EPA list for safe chemistry for the Environment . Let me know if you have any other questions. There number is 937-823-8743. Great people to do business with

3. SaratogaSnowPro

SaratogaSnowPro Junior Member

You would charge the same as a salt application... IBG Magic works great!

4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Do you happen to know what it costs per gallon? I have multiple totes to get filled. Thanks!

5. rrplowing

rrplowing Junior Member

The liquid straight is $4.00 a gallon. It goes a long way. I also buy there hot brine that is $1.65 a gallon. I just got a full load of 4000 gallons. Should last me the hole season.

6. Jason Johnson

Our sister company that does retail is brining in a tanker load later this week or early next week to sell. They are going to load out smaller orders from it. Looks like going to be around $1-$2 a gallon depending on quantity. Works to -25 with 20% calcium, 3% magnesium, 5% sodium, 1% potassium. www.eejohnson.com 740-383-3205 ask for Heather in Sales/Customer Service.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Just out of curiousity, when is the last time it was -20* in Cincy?

8. Jason Johnson

Last time the Bengals were in the Super Bowl?!?! HAHA

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

10. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

IBG here in NY is $7 per gallon

11. Icemelters

Icemelters Inactive

rr

please explain to me the cost of the mixtures you are using. Are you using straight brine mixture or are you spraying salt. How many gallons do you need per ton of salt to treat?

12. Icemelters

Icemelters Inactive

rr

one other thing if you don't mind--what makes the brine hot? Is the brine a simple calcium brine or are you buying something like Sully hot brine that is reformulated (how I don't know) well brine.

13. SaratogaSnowPro

$7 damn! In the Albany market I get it from Brennan Landscaping and it's only $2.72 a gallon ...

14. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Do you use it to brine your salt or do you use it directly on surfaces?

15. Jet Stream

Jet Stream Junior Member

I'll Quote You Brine and/or bulk salt

While exact concentrations will vary, our liquid Calcium Chloride Blend (Brine) contains:
    21 to 24% Calcium Chloride
    4.11 to 5% Magnesium Chloride
    1.68 to 2% Potassium Chloride
    3.78 to 4% Sodium Chloride

4400 gallons +- = truckload

I'm happy to give you a quote. BTW, I've never quoted anywhere near $2 a gallon to anyone on east coast, way below that!
    Susan, Jet Stream Fuels, 786-566-0195/scromer@jetstreamfuels.com

Have you seen our ad on Plowsite? We DID NOT run out of salt last year!
    We have bulk or bagged salt and brine by the truckload.
    ussmileyflag

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  16. SaratogaSnowPro

We are now doing both with the Ice b gone magic..