1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any controller upgrades coming?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by rtm038, Aug 27, 2006.

1. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Hello all,
    I remember writing to Blizzard last year and asking if they planned to release a new, smaller joystick and/or a handheld controller. According to them, a handheld controller would probably be out by Spring '06, but I haven't seen anything. Anyone got any info?

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i asked the same question but i got no response so you got a lot farther than me.
  3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Guys it went on hold when DD acquired Blizzard. They are working on a unit to work with the power plows and the straight blades but nothing but prototypes will be out till next year from what I've been told.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I heard the same thing two years ago and still have'nt seen anything.
  5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

blizzard rep at the snow and ice expo in Mass this week stated that a controller similar to the western fisher v will be used and should be out for next season
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll believe it whan I see it.
  7. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

You know its going to be based on West or Fisher. Duhh, Its owned by DD now. LOL. I just hope they don't paint it yellow or put elctric motors on them.
  8. bcflawn

bcflawn Junior Member
    from Ohio

just bought a blizzard plow and got a push button hand held controller!
  9. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Please post a picture.
  10. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Ya, the Touchpad. I have had them for 2 years. Those joystick things look way too bulky and cumbersome. Besides I run the plow controls with my left hand (always have) and I wouldn't know where to mount the joystick. Here, I got this pic off the Blizzard site. If it doesn't show up go to the site and click on the powerplow link.

I don't use my thumb as shown in the pic, I use fingers 1,2,3. You can get it to do a couple things at once. Makes it pretty fast. Also, I use velcro to strap it right to my leg so it is very comfortable.

11. truckie36

truckie36 Member

That's what I have for my SpeedWing. When he said hand held I thought that there was something new out.:cry: I went with it because it was smaller than the joystick but you have to push fairly hard and in exactly the right spot. The small joystick for the Fishers and Westerns is much easier to work without looking at it.
  12. firelwn82

Could you use the controler from a vee plow and use it on the Power Plow? That would solve the issue, right? Just have to get a different plug maybe.
  13. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

custom control

meyer slick stick and a couple toggles makes a great 810 controller
  14. firelwn82

Does it just plug in or do you have to splice together?