1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any comments from "Nay sayers"?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by CharlesW, Oct 15, 2010.

1. CharlesW

CharlesW Junior Member

Based on all the comments I read about Fluid Film use in discharge chutes, I have purchased a spray can.
    So far, I have only applied it to the garage door hinges, wheels, and worm drive.
    How it works remains to be seen.

The reason for this thread is the simple fact that there almost seems to be a cult following of the product.
    In reading this forum, it seems it will fix anything, maybe even my arthritis.
    Any time I read such glowing testimonials, I tend to have some skepticism.

Is it really that great?
    Have any of you used it and been disappointed?
    It almost sounds too good to be true.

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have been using FF for 4 years now. I really do love the stuff. It is a little pricey, but I feel it's worth the extra money. I spray my salt spreaders, and only wash them down at the start and end of the season. They still look great, with hardly any rust at all. I spray the snowblower at the start of every season, and once a month during the season, and for a 12 year old snowblower, it still looks like new. I also spray my plows at the start of every season, and then every two weeks, if we get the snow to justify it, and they look good as well. I think you will find many uses for it, and 1 can won't be enough once you start using it.

3. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Vehicle Spraying with FF

Just had my 4 trucks and 3 tractors undersprayed with FF.... at a local shop in Stratford.... I am interested to see if it will lasts longer then Corrosion Free...., found that CF would be worn off the bottom of my trucks after a month of plowing......

Keep ya posted...

:)

4. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I questioned the awesome-ness of FF once before as well - and now I find myself a full-on FF addict.

I haven't found anything wrong with it. Everywhere I use it, it FAR EXCEEDS the previous tenant (WD-40, White Lith, etc...)

:drinkup:

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

the only thing i'm dissapointed with is with every 100th purchase you don't get an autographed 8x10 of joy

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Alittle off topic, but I was doing a linehaul the other night and came across a pallet on the dock that I just had to take a pic of........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

dude that's awesome!

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Can you say "one years supply"......?

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i find it easier to say jealous and envious lol

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Unless it's final destination was Grandview you're probably right.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

This is true.

12. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

When I had my 98 Sierra I tried everything on the tailgate handle. Every couple of months it had to be sprayed again. When I bought my 06 almost 3 years ago, the tailgate needed to be slamed a couple of times to shut. Sprayed some FF on it back then and it shuts like new to this day. i haven't had to spray anything else on it since then.

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Who you driving for?

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

I was line hauling for AMA out of Billerica, MA....good money, junk equipment, and lousy attitudes. I was out of my tree to even do it, but it was a overdue break from my crazy life.

15. Kavu

Kavu Member

I'm surprised that skid didn't "fall off the truck"...

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

I thought I might look a little suspicious trying to load a 50 gallon drum into the back of my truck at 5:30 AM in the middle of BSP's Parking lot. Besides, knowing my luck, it would of tipped over, punctured the wall, and proceeded to dump into the back of my pickup truck. That's one mess I would never want to clean up.

17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That would be the best thing that ever happened to the back of your truck, it would never rust.

18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey - off topic, but if you have arthritis I know of some stuff that will help it. PM me when you can- I don't think you have enough posts yet to recieve pm's.

19. CharlesW

CharlesW Junior Member

You seem to be correct about the PM thing at this time.
    Thanks for the offer, but my comment about arthritis was just a smart-alec remark.
    I don't have the problem yet. :)

As an aside, I just recently heard of some guy that sprayed WD-40 on his knees regularly and claimed it helped with his arthritis. Not likely, but if it makes him feel better, I guess it's OK.
    The thing I don't like about home remedies is that some people use them when they should be seeing a doctor.

20. bob1008

bob1008 Junior Member
    from ma

I know that Pallet of Fluid Film

ff.jpg
    Great picture !

It went to these undercoaters in Maine.
    http://undercoatmycar.com/

What started out a few years ago as a single repair garage undercoating with Fluid Film, has grown into a group of about 30+ independent garages all undercoating exclusively with Fluid Film. They do a lot of radio and newspaper advertising as a group, something that would be difficult to do as an independent garage. ussmileyflag

Bob from kellsport products

ff.jpg