1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any (CASE BACKHOE) Mechanic's Out There ???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by kingriver, Jan 8, 2006.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

We own a Case 580 Super K 4x4 Backhoe/Loader and never received a service manual when we purchased it. I am currently bidding on one online at Ebay. I just have afew issues I could use some help with at this time prior to getting the manual. Heres the first question. In regards to the (v-belt) to change it do I have to remove the air-pump or can I just unbolt it and will the belt slip between it at that time. Secondly, the rear transmission: Should I check the fluid level after it has been running awhile or before running it at all.
    Thanks
    Kindly:cool:

2. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Im not a mechanic but do own a 2001 superm and yes you do have to separate the pump to change the belt the same thing on the l series my dad had a k also make sure you grease the zerk because the shaft will seize on it.