1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any Burlington Ma street plowing contractors

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by hosenfeffer, Jan 27, 2011.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

I just visited my father in law in Burlington to shovel his roof and clean out driveway. I needed to uncover the storm drain in front of his house. I had to push back at least 3 feet of snow bank off the road in front of his house to reach the curb. My 3/4 ton moved it in about three passes for about 50-75 feet. It was not particularly hard to move or ice packed. It is a two way side road in suburbia.The other side of the street is the same like the plow guy is not pushing any snow back. It is getting pretty narrow on the whole road.
    My father in law thought it was a private contractor not a city truck but he is 80 so I dunno.
    Is this guy just plowing per contract or saving himself some wear and tear and time?