1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any buddy in Ohio run a Best Snowplow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by f250man, Feb 6, 2007.

1. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I was wondering if anyone runs a Best snowplow on there trucks and if so how do you like it?
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Arent they kind of a spin-off of a meyer? I had one on my old 84 Chevy. It had the electric pump under the hood. Thing was a slow old hoopdie. Best snowplow is right up the street from me.
  3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I don't know if it is a spin off or not. The last time I was there getting parts it looked to be an electric pump set up. A guy I use to work with had one and he uses the hell out of it plowing and has had no problems with it. And he knows Sal up there so I can get parts cheap.
  4. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I had one on my 88 F250. Was a great set up, with the pump under the hood, made the truck about 2' shorter, but was a PIA to put the blade on with the mounts farther back under the truck, was harder to get the pins in. I got parts from a place up on Lakeland Blvd. in Eastlake, can't remember the name of the place. Blade and all were similar to Meyers, must have been a knock off of the Meyers, with the pump under the hood.
  5. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Anyone know the website or have any pics?