1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any body using an 810 on a 3/4 ton?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by canoebuildah, Apr 3, 2009.

1. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

We need another truck here at work. I am considering a 3/4 ton reg cab, eight foot bed. I would be looking at a late model used -- 2002 - 2006 as there are some pretty good deals out there right now. My thought is to not plow with our 2007 Chevy 3500 which we have invested a bunch of money into with a custom aluminum stake body. That truck would easily last us 12-15 years since we only put on 3k miles per year and would even be less if it wasn't plowing.

My thought is to have the head gear and wiring installed on the new 3/4 ton so that the plow could be used on either but use the 3/4 ton as the main plow truck so that is what takes the beating.

Blizzards website says that all Big 3 3/4 tons can run an 810 but I am curious to hear from anybody who is actually running a 3/4 ton with the 810.
  2. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

That is pretty much the truck class they are for. You should be just fine
  3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Read my sig, no problems
  4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

I use 4 different trucks fords chevy dodges
  5. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

We run 810"s and 8611Lp on 3/4 ton HD Dodges for last 3 yrs no problems. You need to run with weight in the back to level things out some.
  6. K. Meyer

K. Meyer Junior Member

Currently running that setup on an 08' 3/4 ton. Add some weight, 700lbs or so and plows fine. Only issue i've run into is the airbag light coming on. They replaced the module 2 times and now tell me there needs to be a diode pack installed and they will no longer warranty the airbag module.
  7. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I have had the same issue with my 2007 3500 NBS. I am on my fourth air bag module. In just over 1 1/2 years. They keep replacing them under warranty but I am worried as to what will happen after the warranty expires. I only put 3k miles a year on the truck so it will last the years, not the miles of the warranty.