1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any body have the Meyer EZ-MOUNT EXPRESS

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DIESEL PLOWGUY, Mar 4, 2005.

If any one has the new MEYER EZ-MOUNT EXPRESS the one with the power hitch. I was wondering what your thoughts on it? Such as the mount system. The feature of when the truck is in reverse the plow raises and when you put in drive the plow drops. How high does it lift compared to other straight blades. Wondering cause the say the lengthened the lift bar so it can stack snow higher.What size it comes in and what it costs. And if you would buy this plow again.
  2. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

3. rmhconst

rmhconst Junior Member
    from va

i do i love it . it is a real treat to use and hook etc...
  4. rmhconst

rmhconst Junior Member
    from va

also meyers violated a patent w/ that feature, and the raising and lowering while shifting...make SURE IT IS still there they offer a upgrade to take it out...IT IS NEAT "."

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

last yr a few guys on the board had them and were having problem. my meyer dealer wont carry them . not reliable maybe all the problems were fixed

6. BMLS

BMLS Junior Member

Problems with EZ Mount

My lighting wire harness burned up in March of 2006 after 1 year. Meyers said there is a recal on the EZ Mount setup. The problem is no distributor or dealers want to help me get this fixed. I've contacted Meyers and they are now giving me the cold shoulder. You know what it is like to drive without plow lights?:realmad:
  7. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

The Sabres can be hardwired....eliminating the plug in connectors....but still use detachable male female connectors, but singular. Its actually more reliable. I was almost at the point of doing it.

I also added a set of KC Highlighter 150 watt driving beams right next to the sabres on the down tube/angle iron....they are great.

So all mine work now but Im not overly confident in any plow wiring.

So much so that i eliminated the "one plug" quick plow pin type connector and hardwired that too.

It can be done. The lights Can work....you just have to know how to do it, and whats what. I had help so I cant tell you how.

But it "Can" be done.

I know its frustrating.

I also know that Meyer doesn't like to give tech help from the factory or corporate.

They rely on the dealers for that and some of the plow dealers no matter what company leave a lot to be desired.

It is unfortunate.I actually have a number for Meyers that they got pissed when I called last year with nearly the same issue you may be having with a different setup...MD2.

They were like....howd you get this number....lol

They never did end up helping much as i recall.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  8. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

9. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I should know by now to just say call Jeen.

10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I heard talking to the state guys who got 9' express mounts on their F-450. That if the valve that controls the power attach fails. The plow will fall off the truck. They were putting a rachet tie down around the plow attchment frame and plow head gear to make sure it didn't come off. Which is why the state went back to classic styles mounts.
  11. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

heres my exp with the express.We got it last year installed it on a new 05 f350. First problem and still there is a battry drain when the truck sit for over a week,the computer which is pump mounted fried itself after some factory tech cracked the circuit board.and we had to replace the pump and computer,it is one assembly, and try to check the fluid level or add without taking case apart.not to mention the absolutly hidiously ugly mount that stays on the truck year round. By the way there is a pin that you put in the bottom of the frame that is supposed to lock it to the truck.And I still dont like the wireless controls.(it has no hardwiring between truck and plow except for the power the + and- )
  12. BMLS

BMLS Junior Member

Getting plow fixed

Finally getting a dealer to fix my problem. He also told me besides the sabre light setup which the whole plug outlet has to be replaced,that there is another recall on cracked rams. I am also worried about the plow frame scapping up against the angle cylinders which is scapping off the paint.I'll keep you posted.