1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any body ever worked for Ferrandino & son

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by B-2 Lawncare, Sep 21, 2012.

1. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

The wife and I are on a bike trip, and I got a call from them asking if I would be interested plowing at one of there stores? They sent over the proposal and it looks good, just wondering what they are like to work with.
  2. Triton Snow Professionals

Triton Snow Professionals Banned
    from McHenry

I would suggest staying away from them !!! Loudly
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If they treat the contractors as well as the paying customer they should be fine
  4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Their prices for landscaping were laughable at best. $14 for a spring cleanup that would take 8 man hours minimum. $23 for weekly maintain. This was on several acre sites.

If the price looks good maybe that's their seasonal offer and you think its per push.
  5. Masssnowfighter

Masssnowfighter Senior Member
    from ma

I have worked for them for 4 years now and havent got stiffed yet. Just make sure all your paperwork is up to date. 45-60 days for payment is the norm with them. Dont be afraid to demand more money then what they are offering, they seem to cave pretty easy. This year I might demand getting paid in 30 days or less or charge them interest on invoices past 30 days. Its a longshot but worth a try.
  6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

They took over a cumberland farms i did for them... lets just say the price for plowing, shoveling, and salting was less then what I was charging them to do the walks alone! And no I wasnt charging them an unfair amount... needless to say I passed on their offer...even when they offered alittle more....
  7. B-2 Lawncare

They bought out Pamida here the parkinglot is not that big and there pricing is OK for just plowing, but they want calcium chloride spread. Around here we don't use anything but sand. The guy I talked to is young and some where back east and seemed to be unfamiliar with the plowing business here. Have any of you guys ever been audited by them?
  8. B-2 Lawncare

Why? explain
  9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

They owe my sub $9,000 from last year for a Kmart he did, he is dumb for letting it go this long, should have started legal proceedings the first day the payment was late.
  10. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

I did some Kmart's direct last year. Brutal. Still trying to get paid. Can't believe Sears hasn't gotten bankrupt.

I ahve done work for them. Pricing can sometimes be a challenge but they always pay so I can live with that.
  11. novasnowplower

novasnowplower Member

I have worked for them in the past. they take 30-45days to pay other than that it was all good. IN the Fredricksburg, va area
  12. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We work for them and get paid what we demand for pricing however some of their work like 60 bank sites we don't do the pricing makes no since to do them. However, when a blizzard or ice storm hits they call us and pay us high amounts of money to fix them had to do that 2x now. We picked up a 40 acre site from them this season and got our price that was way different from what they offered to pay before.
  13. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Are they a big outfit or something cause they are going to be doing the target store in Riverdale NJ I don't know prices but they must be pretty cheap to win that bid.
  14. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

All my Target quotes for landscape maintenance were about 40% higher than the were willing to pay. And that was a very very slim 10-15% profit margin.
  15. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

I worked for peter never had a problem
  16. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

They have a lot of equipment or do they do a lot subcontracting.
  17. danknight163

danknight163 Member

i did 5 stores for them i am still waitting for my money from last year stay away from them
  18. danknight163

danknight163 Member

19. B-2 Lawncare

Just wondering why did you keep plowing when they weren't paying?
  20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I was going to ask the same. Last time I wasn't paid I stopped service. The check came real quick after that.